Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Politically Correct Answers To Sex Questions?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone here think people are holding back on what they REALLY think, and just giving all politically correct answers?

you know like when answering questions like does size really matter, how long should we wait before first having sex, etc.

We get some very well laid out answers and good advice from everyone ... and all but don't you just get the feeling people are totally holding back sometimes and what you REALLY want to know is what people really think?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    why is lying about whether size really matters being politically correct??
    Anyone here think people are holding back on what they REALLY think, and just giving all politically correct answers?

No whats the point in that, it is a bloody message board afterall.
    I take what you say about a lot people in depression etc. but I don't think that it means they won't be good at giving advice. If anything, people who have been there, done that etc. are probably better at giving advice and I think that is the main point of these boards.

Personally, I'm not in any sort of depression, problems etc. and come here just to chat (albeit not as much these days), but still feel that, if I can, will give advice. But I think that unless I've had first hand experience of the situation my advice may be somewhat irrelevant.
    In terms of "how long should you wait before having sex" and similar questions, I don't think it's a question of people attempting to be politically correct...more often than not it's a case of people dispensing advice based on their own past experience - good or bad. Often it might come across as people giving textbook answers, but I don't think that's really the case.

O/T - I don't think asking for advice on here then later negates the value of advice you give to others, not at all. Maybe certain people have certain subjects that are still very tender, and they aren't really in a position to advise on that matter, but I wouldn't say it was commonplace.

you know like when answering questions like does size really matter, how long should we wait before first having sex, etc.

We get some very well laid out answers and good advice from everyone ... and all but don't you just get the feeling people are totally holding back sometimes and what you REALLY want to know is what people really think?

Not really. Fuck all reason to hold back your real opinion on here. There's usually a wide spectrum of views on most issues anyway, so i really don't think that's the case.
    Spliffie wrote:
    Not really. Fuck all reason to hold back your real opinion on here.
    you don't know for sure though coz a lot of people on here talk to each other on msn and lj and meet up in real life so consider posters their friends.
    It's not that you shouldn't give advice it's just...

Most people (including myself at sometime) come here looking for answers to real problems within your life.

Lots of people come here who have problems and that can make the board full of people with problems giving advice, that's not totally a bad thing. BUT what I find is the advice is always... I can't tihnk of a word it's hard to describe.

When i've gone to boards about bettering yourself, trying to do something new socially, social dynamics, or even Tae Kwon Do. There is always a BIG positive vibe in those type of boards and people act and react very differently to how it is on these boards.

Really hard to explain and I don't want to go into some big one about it all because it will end in flames :D
    no carry on i find it quite interesting, even if you cant think of half the words :p

i personally dont have any problems in my life so i only come here to waste time/attempt to give advice.
    Yes, I'm much less likely to comment on things where I feel my stance is likely to be unpopular; I doubt I'm the only one. This will lead to a bias towards "the politically correct" - even without anyone asying other than they think.