Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Modelling!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys, ive done a search but nothing really answered my questions.
I know of a couple of people that do modelling for various companies but I dont really want to ask anything about it as i dont really know them well enough, or get on with them lol.
But i was just wondering how you get into it? Not glamour modelling or anything...just your average modelling, its not necercerily (ahh i cant spell) something id like to do, but its always interested me and id just never know where to start!!
Anyone who has any experience or knows anything would be a great help thaaanks! xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A male friend of mine models for Calvin Klein. He was headhunted whilst out shopping in HMV in London. Modelling agencies often talent scout around busy shopping centres....

Ilora x
    Most people seem to be head hunted as far as I know - they often have scouts out and about in London - especially on Oxford Street.

However I do also know that if you buy a copy of Cosmo Girl in the problem pages (possibly fashion) they have a little section where they tell you about being a model and where to find out more - with some websites of reputable agencies.

However I think in general you need to be tall and very thin (or rather have delicate bones)and not be too pretty your just supposed to be a coat hanger after all.
    I reckon you can do it by getting some professional pictures taken and sending them off to acencies too. I'm not sure whether that route works for complete newbies though. But you can always find out. If you wanted to do it anyway, then you'll probably have to pay for a photo session anyway at some point early on.
    lol a coat hanger, haha, thanks for the replies! I guess if its something im not too passionate about it isnt really worth spending all the money getting professional portfolios done etc.
    Im not sure if i could put up with someone faffing around with my hair and face and telling me hwo to stand etc anyway hehe xx
    x~*Nat*~x wrote:
    Im not sure if i could put up with someone faffing around with my hair and face and telling me hwo to stand etc anyway hehe xx

well seeing as thats kinda the job description, I wouldn't bother he he.
    katralla wrote:
    well seeing as thats kinda the job description, I wouldn't bother he he.

yup i no lol, it was just something id always **like** to do, but i dont think i could be arsed with it lol
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    try select and models1. they are good agencies who will pay for your portfolio pics. and if you do get head hunted, dont ever pay anything, they should pay for you.
    I did some modelling, was soo pretty as a welder!
    Wyetry wrote:
    Most people seem to be head hunted as far as I know - they often have scouts out and about in London - especially on Oxford Street.

I was in London in 2001 and I was outside Mothercare on Oxford Street and some guy asked if I was interested in modelling for his agency.

I turned him down though, considering I live on the otherside of the world - hehe.
    x~*Nat*~x wrote:
    I guess if its something im not too passionate about it isnt really worth spending all the money getting professional portfolios done etc.
    Hit the nail on the head. :yes:

Ilora x