Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

when would you class someone as bf/gf?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bit bored at work atm, and got thinking about stuff, then this popped into my head.

When does the person your seeing/dating become your bf/gf?

Is it when you kiss, have sex, meet the parents, do you talk about and decide, when the words slip out or other person says it. or any other reason you can think of.

Personally think its more of a feeling, when it feels right the words come out.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    erm..for me its when you talk and decide you are offically a couple. Until this point you are just seeing each other in my opinion.
    Not too sure you really talk about it everytime, sometimes I think it just come naturally.

Also after it's not easy, like kissing, I mean, being single you could kiss a girl in a club or something and it doesn't make her you girlfriend.

Even having sex, you could have sex with someone without having a proper relationship or anything.

After I guess if you see each other on proper dates for few times and then come a kiss, it could be interpreted as the starting of the relationship.

Cos if one or the other is just seeing the other as friend, then at the moment of the kiss you know if there is a relationship starting or if only friendship was the goal of going out and have good times together.

Ditto for sex in that case imo.
    Well me and my boyf had been seeing each other for about 3/4 weeks and we were sitting there kissing as you do and he asked me if i wanted to be his girlfriend so i was just like yeeeaah and we just went back to kissing again :p ha young romance
    when we both decided together that we werent gonna go off and see other people
    Me and my ex were never really sure when it happened. Just one day he said, "Oh yeah, will you go out with me? I forgot to ask."

I just laughed, kissed him, and said yes because I pretty much just assumed that we were.
    Though to be fair, all our friends were telling people that we were together before we even established that we were. But it was all good.
    x