Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

firm and insurance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i dont know who to put as my insurance and firm choice for uni!

id either like to go to Nottingham where i need BBB or Sheffield Hallam where i need CCC but also manchester met have offered me 160 points (dont know what that is!)

im worried that im going to mess up my exams and get stuck so im not sure whether to put

sheffield hallam as firm and manchester met as insurance as i know i can definetly get 160 points and ive definetly got a place in uni then

or...

to just go for nottingham as firm and sheffield hallam as insurance because their my two favourites!

any advice??
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    160 points is a reference to the UCAS system. Basically, when you get your grades, they can be converted into points. The higher the grade, the more points. The places I applied for asked for anywhere between 200 and 300 points. In total, I have 290. If they are your favourites though, go for them.
    Go for places you like rather than fitting them into the form because you think you are going to mess up your exams. If your insurance choice has lower grades than your firm, thats always good too, as it does precisely that: insure. And if it all goes terribly, there is always clearing :)
    stargalaxy wrote:
    160 points is a reference to the UCAS system. Basically, when you get your grades, they can be converted into points. The higher the grade, the more points. The places I applied for asked for anywhere between 200 and 300 points. In total, I have 290. If they are your favourites though, go for them.

i think she meant she didn't know what grades she needed for 160 points.
    i think she meant she didn't know what grades she needed for 160 points.
    Don't even start, Lucifer, I'm not in the mood for this.
    I'd go for nottingham and sheffield as these are the places you want to go. If you dont make the grades i imagine you'd still be able to go to manchester via clearing
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Don't even start, Lucifer, I'm not in the mood for this.

oh my dear god you are a moron.