Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

STI test

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my best mate had sex for the first time last night and didn't use a condom. shes not going out with the guy and now he seems to be ignoring her. i know him well and hes a player, hes always with different girls and has slept with then messed around some of my other mates and hes always pulling random girls for one night stands...
so im going with my best mate tomorrow to get a morning after pill and i was thinking i should say something to her about getting tested aswell but i dont really know how to bring it up and what to say... any advice??
thanks xx

Comments

• Options
    I would just say it straight or put in a question "are you gonna get tested for sti's too?" that should get her thinking without you having to say "you shagged a totaly slag".

But on a serious note I think its really nice you're concerned and obviously you don't want to make it sound like you're lecturing her just be friendly and supportive and I'm sure she will know that you're looking out for her and thank you for it.

She might already have planned to be tested. x
  • Options
    if you dont think she would appreciate the direct tactics then you could try something along the lines of iv been meaning to go for ages and if we both went it would probably be less scarey.
  • Options
    well hopefully she'll have the common sense to go anyway. the doctor might even recommend that she gets tested. if it were me and 1 of my good mates i'd suggest that they go get tested and tell them i'd go with them.