Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The next London meet

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stargalaxy wrote:
    This is a difficult one. A-Level exams are running through May, GCSEs in June. (though the affect of this is notably less in this case) I don't know about exams at university, but I would assume the timing was similar. I suggest a date at the end of all these exams. A sort of treat where you can say "thank God the exams are over, let's get pissed". I'd be all in favour of anytime in May, June or beyond that.
    do people who are doing gcses go to the meets though? i thought they were in pubs.. what if they get IDd?
    *Stacey* wrote:
    What about April? 29th/30th April are really good for me!
    Oooooh maybe.
    lipsy wrote:
    do people who are doing GCSEs go to the meets though? i thought they were in pubs.. what if they get IDd?
    Well, there have been a few 15 and 16 year olds going to meets. Do they get asked for ID? Almost certainly. It doesn't affect much in this case, I grant you, but I'm not sure whether a meet in the middle of exam time is that good an idea. Then again, a chance to relax before you go insane with exams... I could have done with that when I was doing my A-Levels...
    Franki wrote:
    Oooooh maybe.
    That seems the best date to me as most exams don't start till May/June and all my coursework is handed in and out of the way on that date!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I have exams 1-19th May. Then 3 weeks marking before (potentially) another 2 weeks for resits. I suggest like the first weekend in June? Saturday 3rd, Sunday 4th?
    *Stacey* wrote:
    That seems the best date to me as most exams don't start till May/June and all my coursework is handed in and out of the way on that date!
    Well these are my term dates. The holidays would be perfect, but I know my exams start straight after May half term. They only go on for a week, but meh. I know I'm away the weekend of the Download festival, but that's in June.

Er. Yeh. Arrange it round that :p.
    I cant make the end of may. Think were gonna be in france.
    Franki wrote:
    Well these are my term dates. The holidays would be perfect, but I know my exams start straight after May half term. They only go on for a week, but meh. I know I'm away the weekend of the Download festival, but that's in June.

are u gonna be at download :hyper:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Franki wrote:

No, the meet will be arrange around http://www.hud.ac.uk/termdates/index.htm.

Ty :D
    I cant do anything between 15th April - 19th May as i'll be up in Scotlan with work :( but any time after i'm good for
    Don't do it in the last weekend of April. I actually want to go to this one, and that weekend its my birthday on bank holiday Monday, so I have to go home again. Oh, and because it will be bank holiday, it will be really busy transport wise I would imagine.

I think May 20th was a good plan still.
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    are you gonna come? :p

Yes in fact i was going to come, but it seems like you lot are having it in may....and im only in london for a week for shopping *sigh*
    But 20th of May = No me again. Nobody wants that ;[
    I just can't come in May. I have exams all the way throughout :( I really want to come this one as well.
    So when are we having it then?
    I've lost track of when it is, or planned for.

Plan a date (no preference), and i'll (definitely) try and be there.
    It was provisionally 20th May, but some people cant make it so its all a bit up in the air.
    I vote the first weekend of June.

Abbie - I won't be at Download, I'll be in Norfolk on an Environmental Systems trip. I only know it's the same weekend, cause my friend bought tickets and now can't go 'cause of the trip.
    June 3rd... 2008. Well why not, you lot can't decide... :p
    Make a date and ill be there
    I vote for some time in April.
    How about Saturday April 22nd? Avoids busy bank holiday weekend, and May, so Stacey and Renzo can come too.
    How about Saturday April 22nd? Avoids busy bank holiday weekend, and May, so Stacey and Renzo can come too.
    Absolutely. A meet isn't a meet without Renzo and Stacey. And ideally, both our resident Staceys can be there! :)
    Yup. I'm trying to please everyone. I know it wont happen, but I'll try anyway.
    Hmmmm.

I like it.

Let's do it :D.
    Shall I make a sign up thread to make it official? :hyper:

Yer :D
    Gogogo :D.
    I've got a funny feeling that Stace (*Stacey*) works saturday nights though...but I could be wrong...