Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

drugs searches in Sheffield

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/4732906.stm:
BBC News wrote:
Eight people have been cautioned for possessing drugs following a police operation outside several nightclubs in Sheffield at the weekend. Eighteen men and women were searched at random under the Misuse of Drugs Act while they queued on Saturday evening.

Drugs dogs were used by officers who are trained to sit down next to a person they believe has been in contact with or is in possession of drugs.

Substances including cannabis, ecstasy and amphetamine were recovered.

Random searches

About 30 officers were involved in the initiative by South Yorkshire Police.

Temporary chief Insp Shaun Morley, who led the operation said: "We've been working with the clubs to stop the supply of drugs to willing users and the subsequent misery this can cause.

"These were random searches which hopefully will act as a deterrent to taking drugs into clubs.

"We want to send out a clear message that using drugs and dealing in drugs will not be tolerated.

"Further checks will follow at some time in the future."

Should I be worrying? I normally use a little baggy and put that in my sock or underwear, where do you lot normally hide your stuff? How good are these dogs anyway? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Most of the dogs are good, but in an open enviroment with lots of people they arent as good. They'll still get you if you smell though, and thats smell to them, not you.
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry mate....stuff like that happens once in a blue moon. The police can't be wasting all their resources chasing after pilled up clubbers all the time.

I used to just put all my drugs in my pocket. I didn't give a fuck.
  • Options
    put whatever in a bag and wrap around the waistband on your boxers

you could also tape the bag to the inside of your boxers, or to your balls if you were really that paranoid ... or find a female friend to help ;)
  • Options
    I was clubbing last week. Got searched going in. Had them under tongue of my shoes, they checked side of feet but not there.

But then I got searched on the way OUT. I mean who the fuck searches people on the way out. I had two pills in my back pocket and was like 'shhhiiiit'. He found them. Said I was lucky it was only two and told me to get out of there and took them off me. Could've been worse.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I was clubbing last week. Got searched going in. Had them under tongue of my shoes, they checked side of feet but not there.

But then I got searched on the way OUT. I mean who the fuck searches people on the way out. I had two pills in my back pocket and was like 'shhhiiiit'. He found them. Said I was lucky it was only two and told me to get out of there and took them off me. Could've been worse.

Yeah that is pretty fucked up. Lucky you'd taken a few then eh?!
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    But then I got searched on the way OUT.

Surely they have no right to do that though?

They have no right to search you on the way in, if you dont let them, they just wont let you in the club...

But on the way out.... seems odd!
  • Options
    hmm, never thought about getin searched on the way out .. now that could pose problems!
  • Options
    Genarally you wont be searched on the way out,
    In the past Ive ripped a small hole in the lining of my jacket and put them right inside. The best way though is to act sober, confident, friendly and polite, I havnt always managed this but avoiding suspicion in the first place is the best tactic.
  • Options
    Probably looking to build up some drugs for his night ahead

That was the suspicion of me and my mates. He probably saw me coming out a bit worse for ware and thought he might be able to stroke some free drugs off me.
  • Options
    If a doorman takes drugs off you- are they ten breaking the law by being in possesion of drugs?
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    If a doorman takes drugs off you- are they ten breaking the law by being in possesion of drugs?

Good question. Also I think there is laws for stuff security guard can do, well if the doorman got the same status I guess. Not quite sure what the laws are tho.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:

I guess they have legal powers to do it...but I'm not sure?
  • Options
    I think that would depend...

If I found a bag of pills on the floor and took them stright to the police station (as if! :p ) then I wouldnt be breaking the law I dont think... I could be wrong, but seems stupid if I could get done for that...

So I assume its down to his intentions.
    But as the others said... he probably took them for himself!
  • Options
    It seems a bit dodgy though init, one rule for you and another one for me. *scratches chin, deep in thought*.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    If I found a bag of pills on the floor and took them stright to the police station (as if! :p ) then I wouldnt be breaking the law I dont think... I could be wrong, but seems stupid if I could get done for that...

I don't think this is right though is it? otherwise anyone ever caught with drugs would just say- "oh hello friendly, helpful, neighbourhood police officer, I was just on my way to see you lot about these awful contraband I found lying around..."
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    I don't think this is right though is it? otherwise anyone ever caught with drugs would just say- "oh hello friendly, helpful, neighbourhood police officer, I was just on my way to see you lot about these awful contraband I found lying around..."

But if you were gonna hand em in you wouldn't take em clubbing with you, would you!
  • Options
    Maybe you found the offending substance on the bathroom floor inside the club, or whilst you were ueing to get in but wanted to wait until after you'd had a good time before you trakked your arse to the polizzy station. Anyway, is the consensus that possesion is possesion unless you are an excluded few that includes doormen?
  • Options
    But if you were gonna hand em in you wouldn't take em clubbing with you, would you!

*shhhh* Gah, talk about ruin the defense!
  • Options
    Sorry! :( Hey if you're a good liar you never know, might work...;)
  • Options
    Some big clubs have whats basically a safe with a post box, if they find drugs then they post them in, its locked up then given over to the coppers.

Other clubs probably just sell them back to the customers.