Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

car insurance arggh!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm trying to sort out the best car insurance quote i can get, im 20 in a couple of weeks, im a girl and i want insurance on a 5 year old vw beetle, 2 litre.

any recomendations? x

Comments

• Options
    www.insuresupermarket.com

worth checking out, my current policy is with swiftcover, so try them, very cheap but all online based.

also, if this is your first insurance policy your choice of car may be your downfall, VW, Beetle, 2 litre...doesnt really equal cheap insurance...especially cos you are only 20.

there are those sexist women only insurance companies, maybe they could help
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    swiftcover

I've just changed to them and found the level of cover better than my old insurer and £200 cheaper!!
  • Options
    mine was hundreds cheaper than my renewal quote with my previous insurer too, no hassle at all so far with them.
  • Options
    i'm trying to sort out the best car insurance quote i can get, im 20 in a couple of weeks, im a girl and i want insurance on a 5 year old vw beetle, 2 litre.

any recomendations? x
    Ouch. That's gonna cost ya. I'm 20 soon and looking to buy a car. My insurance company recommended a foreign car, with a 1.0 engine. A 2 litre engine is gonna cost a bomb. :shocking:

Ilora x
  • Options
    i know yeh, best so far is £850. At my dads address however its only £607 which has really annoyed me! x
  • Options
    i know yeh, best so far is £850.

I don't think that is too bad of a quote really, sounds about right to me can't imagine it being 100's of pounds cheaper anywhere else.
  • Options
    yeah thats well cheap!!!

i presume that will be TPF+T isnt it?

how much is the car worth? ive always gone fully comp with my insurance. also watch out for any excesses that maybe hidden in the policy.
  • Options
    I'm with Tesco, I have always found them to be the cheapest for me.
  • Options
    tesco want me to be 23.

and the quote is fully comp!

sheilas wheels were only about a fiver more!
  • Options
    Thats weird, I'm only 20 but I guess my car is crap! Good luck looking anyway I think confused.com will get insurance quotes for you from lots of companies so you don't have to type in all your details again and again.
  • Options
    i used moneysupermarket.com which does the same thing but the cheapest it found was £980 with the post office. confused.com's cheapest was £1,200!

think ill stick with my £850!

on a 106 i was only paying £30 per month, im really going to hate paying so much!!
  • Options
    you shouldnt complain one bit.

how many ncb do you have? i was under the impression that this was your first policy so that may explain why its so reasonable.
  • Options
    Yeah try Confused.com. They managed to get me a fully comprehensive quote on my 1.5 litre Mazda for £363, beating my renewal by £70. Annoying advert but good site!
  • Options
    Dont go for the 'sexist feminist' companys (diamond etc) there not much cheaper, better to sit yourself down for a good few hours and go through them all on the internet Direct Line, Norwich Union, More Than etc

On my 2 year old nissan micra 1.2 the best i could get was $850 (that is meant to be a pound sign) and I was 18, my first policy, cant wait for the renewal
  • Options
    i've got 2 years no claims. i've given up now, i'm fed up of searching the insurance sites!

thanks for all your help