Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How much do you spend per month on drugs/alcohol?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not a big smoker myself, but I pay $15 per 1/4 (pretty decent stuff actually, especially for the price) about every 3 or 4 weeks, about $25/$30 a month for speed, and only about $15 for alcohol. When it comes to booze, I usually get it for free and really don't have to chip in, but I'd rather not be a bitch, so I pitch in now and again. Every now and then I'll go in halfies for something expensive. Grow my own shrooms so pay nothing for that.

So, about $65 a month for me, and I have enough to pass around and get wasted every day, should I so choose. I have more self control than that, however. Not bad, I'd say; not stresssful on my wallet, and not enough that it's overly-taxing on my body.

How about the rest of you?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    unfortunately i tend to spend any money i make on drugs and going out and getting fucked

a fair bit more than $65 a month anyway :no:

ah its all just a big vicious circle anyway fuck it
    Way way too much...

Can go up to 400~500 quids of smoke per month...

Less when I am broke as I am switching to cheap hash...

Still way too much...
    I would spend about £35 a week so I guess £140 a month on going out (pubs and clubs etc) which includes taxi's so I don't know exactly how much of that is on alcohol but I guess its way too much for my little body to handle.
    Between £20 and £40. My taste in drinks is expensive (scotch, gin, vodka and some outrageously expensive cocktails) but I balance it out by not being a big drinker and preferring to buy bottles and have parties with friends instead of bars.
    All depends but most of my money goes on getting fucked and going out.
    all depends with me and who im with and what there taste is but roughly i reckon i must spend easily about 200 quid on smoke and any other drug which tickles my fancy lol alcohol's gonna be about 140 quid a month depending where im going and if im on anything else
    Cain wrote:
    Between £20 and £40. My taste in drinks is expensive (scotch, gin, vodka and some outrageously expensive cocktails) but I balance it out by not being a big drinker and preferring to buy bottles and have parties with friends instead of bars.

Yeah, even once I turn 21, I'll still stick to partying with friends and buying my own bottles. I know enough party houses to put any bar or club to SHAME, ha ha!:thumb: It's not like I don't meet new people at huge parties...and I don't need to pay no damn cover charge! Fuck...I don't really need to pay ANYTHING at 9 outta 10 parties. And I would just feel wierd not having my own bottle...

...party houses all the way!
    Over £250
    I wish you hadn't asked this question..... just added it up for an average over the last few months and now i feel like shit!

About 800 a month...... just on alcohol :( I really must stop going out!
    JJ454 wrote:
    I wish you hadn't asked this question..... just added it up for an average over the last few months and now i feel like shit!

About 800 a month...... just on alcohol :( I really must stop going out!

Ouch... I thought I was spending too much already.. that's REALLY a lot...
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Bout £300 a month on boozing
    Probably between £400-£500... mainly on drink and going out.
    Nothing. Just thought I'd post to bring the average down :p
    Goodness...that certainly is low! :yes:

But reading some of the other vast amounts...I mean damn, I felt like I was becoming a moderate spender now that I'll probably be spending more like $40/month on speed alone, but as it turns out I'm just a small fry after all...

That's some willpower you have randomgirl...either that or you've got the fucking hookup. :lol:
    Far too much, over £200 anyway.
    I spend about £10 a month on alcohol.
    but then you do have to take into consideration how much you pay for you drink and drugs!
    My cousin spent a grand of his student loan in a week and a half. I salute him! :D

For me, probably about £100-£150 for alcohol and then maybe an extra £50 a month if I'm dabbling in other substances.
    But reading some of the other vast amounts...I mean damn, I felt like I was becoming a moderate spender now that I'll probably be spending more like $40/month on speed alone, but as it turns out I'm just a small fry after all...
    Drugs and alcohol cost completely different amounts here anyway so comparing yourself with British people is probably not that great a way to gauge yourself.
    Well it's still pretty obvious that you guys spend more than I do. :yes: Besides, I got buds that spend $80 a week just on weed to smoke during the week. Then they'll blow another $25 on booze for the weekend, so upwards of $400 a month! Of course the extremity of spending must also be judged by the size of your weekly income...

...I mean shit, if I had a higher payiong job, I'd probably spend quite a bit more!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Eh. £60/70 average.

Some months i go 100+
    i remember when dope was seven pound an ounce!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    What was the average wage then Rolly?

In South Africa its normally about £4-5.
    what sort of dope?
    price obviously varies depending on the type.
    For me it all depends on the on the month. Some months when my friends are out parting and what not all the time, I spend more and the months they dont i normally dont. So lets see the weeks that there is mad parting i usually spend like $20 a month, considering i normally dont get wasted, on alcohol and normally where i go i smoke for FREE!! :D then the months that we arent parting is somewhere around 20 for smoke. so around 20-30 a month for normal months.
    holy man i haven't given much thought to this till just now :chin: $20 every weekend on alcohol, $20 bag every week, $80 a month. oh well money well spent. :yes:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Probably aroudn the £200 mark - almost all on alcohol.
    Weekender Offender