Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Virgin Bride

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well it could be a good idea. i'm not doin it personally. i think sex helps the conection between cuples and could you really spend a lifetime only havin sex with one guy? you don't know whats out there. :love: i have to be in love with some1 to have sex with them and in a long term relashionship!
  • Options
    talia wrote:
    What if he was shit in bed?

How would you know the difference if you were both virgins, and therefore had no comparison?
  • Options
    i like idea of waiting, but a) its too late now for me and b) i just couldnt do it. I couldn't marry someone without knowing what they were like in bed
  • Options
    One of my sisters waitied until she was, (aged 18) Its kinda nice but at the same time a bit weird.

I didnt wait until marriage, although lost it while in a great relationship so I guess its just as good as marriage in SOME ways.

Reminds me of Sex And The City :p When Charlotte waited until the night before she actually got married, then it turned out he was shit in bed so had to think twice if she was gonna marry him or not. :yeees:
  • Options
    If someone was a crap kisser you wouldn't like to kiss them for the rest of your life. Kissing (like sex) is a major deal breaker in being, and remaining, physically attracted to someone for a long period of time. I can see why people would want to wait, but the impracticalities of it for me just don't seem logical.
    I agree. You wouldn't buy a car without test driving it first, would you? :yes:

I'm nearly 20, and a virgin. I'm not remotely interested in 'no sex before marriage' coz I think it's a load of bull... But, I do plan on waiting until I've met someone truly worthy of sleeping with, being married makes no matter to me.

Marriage isn't what it used to be when the ideals of 'no sex before marriage' were common rules of life. People and society has changed since this ideal was founded and I don't believe it'll be around much longer. Of course, some people will abide by a no sex before marriage rule for years to come, and that's their choice, but I don't think it'll be around forever.

Sex isn't a taboo anymore, neither is divorce, or illegitimate children or even gay sex, therefore no sex before marriage is nowadays considered an 'olden day ideal'.

Ilora x
  • Options
    badabing wrote:
    im intrigued as to what evidence you are basing this opinion on?

I dont know exact figures, but I know an awful lot of marriages, in fact i'd probably dare use the word 'most', are ending in divorce/seperation nowadays.
    I did a course over the summer where this was mentioned. It's not saying that marriages always work or even usually work... just that they have a higher success rate than people who cohabite with lifelong intent.

If you think about it it makes sense since there are fairly large numbers of religious people who will stay married even if they are deeply unhappy if divorce is against their religion. I don't think that is at all sensible but it must skew the data slightly in favour of marriage.

Also it makes me wonder how you judge a "successful" marriage since just because a marriage lasts doesn't mean it is a happy one.