Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Changing days

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi im just wondering if anyone could tell me if i am still protected against pregnancy if instead of having a seven day pill free week i add another pill on the end of my packet from a new packet ,so that i take 22 pills instead of 21 and so instead of a seven day break i only have a six day break changing the day i come on my period to a day later then usual. I am asuming i will be protected as i am not having longer then a seven day break so my overies wont release an egg. :confused: if it helps i am taking Microgynon 30 hope some one can help me :)

Comments

• Options
    Why would you want to do that? :confused:

You're probably best asking your GP/practice nurse.
  • Options
    I dont think so, you have to take it properly.
  • Options
    i want to do it because then i will get my period a day later because i allways come on 3 days after taking the last pill of the pack so that i will come on my period on a sunday instead of a saturday. And i read that if uyou loose a pill from a pack then you just take the one previos to the one you lost so that your starting day of the pack will change so i was asuming it would be the same if you took and extra pill at the end of your pack.
  • Options
    sorry but have some common sense.

if next time you take 21 tablets instead of the normal 22 then chances are they won't be as effective as they should. otherwise why would they bother having 22 tablets?

just run the packets together.