Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

does anyone here use PAYPAL? if so please help

has anyone managed to successfully transfer money from their paypal account into their bank account? We sold something on ebay and recieved over £200 for it into our paypal account, but we have tried to transfer it into our bank account, and both times it has been refused and paypal have taken £14 of the money each time we have tried. It said on the email that it was refused at the banks end, but my bank says there is no record of an electronic transfer even being attempted. Is paypal one big con? have we just lost our money. im absolutely fuming, and very upset as we are overdrawn and were kind of relying on the money. Has ANYBODY succesfully transferred paypal money into their bank account -please someone reassure me. My dh thinks its a big scam and they are just going to keep taking £14 a time, until theres no money left
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry Rainbow, i cant help you.
    But I bet you are fuming, gawd i hope its not a scam thing.

I dont even know what paypal is:confused:
    I don't use paypal but I know a few people who do (I think) they are not online now but I will ask them about it later.

This sounds very serious though I would complain to someone. Is it a direct debit arrangement with the bank or what?
    Its an internet money transfer thing so you dont have to send cheques when buying or selling online. There are other ones like NOCHEX, which is a british one and ive had no problem with them, but paypal is the only one you can use internationally I think.
    Erm yeah
    thanks Lacy :( :crying:
    I posted the same query on a different site, and someone has said theyve been able to withdraw funds from paypal into their account, so it seems they just fuck people up at random. If the worst comes to the worst, I will just use the paypal money to buy something else online, but its a nightmare as it was supposed to help pay off the overdraft.
    Rainbow, get in touch with these people they may be able to help you.
    Sorry i couldnt find any positive info on it :(

Hope everything works out ok *hugs*
    well, weve decided that instead of keeping on trying, we would get something we both really want with the money, and have ordered a fab new digital camera off ebay and paid using the paypal money. hopefully they wont have the same problems we did. Weve wanted a digitalcamera for ages but have never had the excuse to spend that sort of money, but now this can be a lovely xmas pressy to each other.
    my new digicam
    My friend says she has transferred money with no problem and has been able to use paypal email support. Check that they have your bank details correct I guess.
    I haven't used PayPal, but I've used NoChex in the past without any problems. PayPal, going on some of the grumbles I've read about it, does seem to have quite a few more problems than NoChex.

What you have to remember about these services is that they're not banks, building societies, etc, so don't have to follow any codes of conducts, rules, or laws, that banks, etc, have to. Naturally they can't just simply rip people off either, but they do seem to have lots of little ways to catch you out with extra charges. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    I haven't used PayPal, but I've used NoChex in the past without any problems. PayPal, going on some of the grumbles I've read about it, does seem to have quite a few more problems than NoChex.

What you have to remember about these services is that they're not banks, building societies, etc, so don't have to follow any codes of conducts, rules, or laws, that banks, etc, have to. Naturally they can't just simply rip people off either, but they do seem to have lots of little ways to catch you out with extra charges. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)

the EU have started to regulate them now and have enforced the same rules that apply to other financial services and products, an area that is very very highly scrutinised. they have imposed a limit on nochex of i think its £90? so yeah before they were unregulated and could pretty much do what they want but now thats changing so hopefully stories like this will be a thing of the past.

well tahts what it said in an email i got from nochex anyway. the email was worded in a way that moaned about EU sticking their noses in and stuff... but its got to be a good thing. im not giving my money to a company thats essentially not answerable to anybody.
    I'm glad to hear they're getting regulated. They may grumble (no doubt because it costs them money), but it will help with customers confidence with their services, so it's a good thing both ways.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    hope u srted it
    urine wrote:
    hope u srted it

:mad: die
    urine wrote:
    hope u srted it
    Thanks for your concern, its really appreciated, and funnily enough, no, it was never sorted. I never did ever manage to transfer paypal money into that bank account, always ended up sending it to a friends account and then getting the money that way.
    noog wrote:

Try this
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    noog wrote:
    :thumb: Quite. I hate it when people bring up some anchient topic.
    well, weve decided that instead of keeping on trying, we would get something we both really want with the money, and have ordered a fab new digital camera off ebay and paid using the paypal money. hopefully they wont have the same problems we did. Weve wanted a digitalcamera for ages but have never had the excuse to spend that sort of money, but now this can be a lovely xmas pressy to each other.
    my new digicam
    Make sure it actually takes the money out of your paypal account and not just from your bank account because it did this to me. i had about a tenner in my account that had been paid to me and tried to buy something for about 6 quid, paypal took the money from my bank and left the £10 where it was :grump: .
    On another note though i've been able to successfully draw out money into my bank but it was only that £10 so not as worrying as a two spot

edit: again..i really should read the end of things before posting.. :mad:
    icey wrote:
    edit: again..i really should read the end of things before posting.. :mad:

:lol:
    Jeez, I thot that was a recent thread too.
    Is paypal still like that by the way, cause I was considering in opening an account with them.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Jeez, I thot that was a recent thread too.
    Is paypal still like that by the way, cause I was considering in opening an account with them.
    Paypal has been fine with me
    i regularly use paypal to transfer money to my bank and have had no problems except the usual waiting for it to clear, lol
    i've never had any problems with it. it's just annoying that it takes a few days for the money to clear/transfer.
    It was just that account tbh. Other people I know didnt have that problem. Doesnt matter now anyway, that account closed down with the old marriage!
    I've never had any problems with Paypal at all. I find them quite reliable and probably the most trustworthy internet money site.

As others have mentioned, the most annoying thing is waiting for the money to clear.
    How the hell do people not notice the date anyway??
    I Have Used Paypal

:wave: Hi, I have used paypal on ebay and I have also sent funds from my paypal account back to my bank account. But it depends on how much you want to transfer. I do know that they charge for larger amounts. I was able to send £58.00 back to my bank from paypal. But as with all sites. they do have rules regarding transfering funds. But I am not sure exactly what they all are. I would get in touch with paypal and ask them why full funds are not transfered and why you are being charged each time £14.00. Don't know if this helps. Bye
    has anyone managed to successfully transfer money from their paypal account into their bank account? We sold something on ebay and recieved over £200 for it into our paypal account, but we have tried to transfer it into our bank account, and both times it has been refused and paypal have taken £14 of the money each time we have tried. It said on the email that it was refused at the banks end, but my bank says there is no record of an electronic transfer even being attempted. Is paypal one big con? have we just lost our money. im absolutely fuming, and very upset as we are overdrawn and were kind of relying on the money. Has ANYBODY succesfully transferred paypal money into their bank account -please someone reassure me. My dh thinks its a big scam and they are just going to keep taking £14 a time, until theres no money left
    good advice, but this thread is over 4 years old so i'm pretty sure it's been sorted now :)
    Mind you it did remind me how much i missed Mr Wobble - or did he transform into something else?
    I wish threads were auto-locked when they are over a certain time old.

:(