Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What no 'British soldiers in abuse and beatings shocker' thread?

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Walkindude wrote:
    Blagsta wrote:
    Under UK anti-terrorist legislation you can be detained without trial.

>Except you actually have no idea whether they were linked to terrorists or not as there has been no legal process observed

yay the british government and actaully int he example used they wre linked to terrorists as they wre fighting with the terrorists against allied forces as they were terroorists,, they were caught red handed!!!!!!!!!

Can someone translate for me? I can't make head nor tail of this. :confused::confused:
    The people in Qunatnomo are/were terrorists. They were not stolent ou tof their homes but captured in battle int he war in afghanistan fighting as al-quida operatives and taliban fighters.
    Walkindude wrote:
    The people in Qunatnomo are/were terrorists. They were not stolent ou tof their homes but captured in battle int he war in afghanistan fighting as al-quida operatives and taliban fighters.
    Since when is a man fighting at home against a foreign invader a "terrorist"?

You are a Republican Party official's wildest dream, you are!
    You bloody idiot!!!!!

The Taliban were gought because they rfused to aid int he capture of terrorists that were responsible for 9/11. They haboured terrorists as wel as being a a dictatorial, brutal, infrigning regime.

Al-Quida are terrorists you moron.

The Talbian allied with Al-Quida making them an enemy as well. It can be argued they are legitimate fighters and not terrorists, but since it was a war against them, they are allowed to be captured.

The loophole the USA uses, is the regime fell and they are no longer valiad as legitimate, legal fighting force. That claim is questionable but Al-Quida are terrorists!!!!

You are terrorists dream, you are a consipracyists dream, you are a left wing nut jobs dream, you are timothey mcvieghs wet dream!
    Walkindude wrote:
    You bloody idiot!!!!!
    How old are you kid? 12?
    The Taliban were gought because they rfused to aid int he capture of terrorists that were responsible for 9/11. They haboured terrorists as wel as being a a dictatorial, brutal, infrigning regime.
    Still doesn't make them terrorists does it?

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

The Talbian allied with Al-Quida making them an enemy as well. It can be argued they are legitimate fighters and not terrorists, but since it was a war against them, they are allowed to be captured.
    And that would make them POWs.

You're digging yourself into quite a hole here...
    The loophole the USA uses, is the regime fell and they are no longer valiad as legitimate, legal fighting force. That claim is questionable but Al-Quida are terrorists!!!!
    Taliban fighters aren't terrorists, and not even 200 exclamation marks are going to change that I'm afraid.

Sorry. :wave:
    You are terrorists dream, you are a consipracyists dream, you are a left wing nut jobs dream, you are timothey mcvieghs wet dream!
    Yep. You must be 12.
    Walkindude wrote:

Except we don't know that do we as they haven't been to trial. There have been some quite high profile cases of people in Guantanamo who were caught in the crossfire and were innocent. As you'd know if you read the papers.
    Anyway, even if they were "terrorists", so what? Does that mean that they should be beaten and tortured?
    Walkindude wrote:
    You bloody idiot!!!!!

Al-Quida are terrorists you moron.

I love the way you explode in a mess of exclamation marks, bad spelling and crap insults when you're losing a debate! :D
    Actually that last post was pretty accurate. How come you didnt come up with an actual intelligent response to it Blagsta? losing your old touch are you? lol
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Blagsta wrote:
    I love the way you explode in a mess of exclamation marks, bad spelling and crap insults when you're losing a debate! :D
    True. It is amusing.
    subject13 wrote:
    Actually that last post was pretty accurate. How come you didnt come up with an actual intelligent response to it Blagsta? losing your old touch are you? lol

More to do with it being the last post before I went back to work from my lunch break. Some people have to work for a living y'know.
    Yeah...i am one of them! whcih is why you don't see me posting until late afternoon anymore except at weekends.
    before anyone gets to deeply in with bash the soldiers stuff ...stop and think.
    would you actualy bellitle these people in this way to their faces ...seriously?

these young guys don't realy want to be there either.
    how would you handle the daily grind out there?
    before anyone gets to deeply in with bash the soldiers stuff ...stop and think.
    would you actualy bellitle these people in this way to their faces ...seriously?

these young guys don't realy want to be there either.
    how would you handle the daily grind out there?

I'd smoke some grass. Whatever happened to squadies smoking it?
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I'd smoke some grass. Whatever happened to squadies smoking it?
    most armies smoke it.

most armies drink.

the armies that smoke it but don't drink ...have an edge there don't you think?
    most armies smoke it.

most armies drink.

the armies that smoke it but don't drink ...have an edge there don't you think?

Most certainly. But I don't get this... who'd want to go and abuse prisoners high? Infact, who'd want to fing a war high? Unless you've got some Meth or coke in ya.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Most certainly. But I don't get this... who'd want to go and abuse prisoners high? Infact, who'd want to fing a war high? Unless you've got some Meth or coke in ya.
    who'd wanna get pissed in a war ...who'd want to even fucking shave!

having a shit might be your last ...

i honestly don't think most of you ...however well intentioned ...have a fucking clue about being a young man thrown into a war.

some of you find going into town on a saturday night harrowing enough.

guys out there will be self medicating believe me.

to you ...having a weed may very well be associated with fgetting monged out on a couch.

cannabis in dosage and environment is so many more things ...as are most drugs that actualy work.
    Hope I never have to find out what war is like to be honest... I can feel a big one coming though if we carry on this way. Us and America are only making enemies, bossing everyone about... you can't do this, or that... but it's fine for us to do it!

Why must we go doing this? I don't doubt that war fucks with your head. And I can see the hatret it'd make... but at the end of the day, both sides just want the same thing.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Hope I never have to find out what war is like to be honest... I can feel a big one coming though if we carry on this way. Us and America are only making enemies, bossing everyone about... you can't do this, or that... but it's fine for us to do it!

Why must we go doing this? I don't doubt that war fucks with your head. And I can see the hatret it'd make... but at the end of the day, both sides just want the same thing.

"I am filled with fear and tormented with terrible visions of pain. Everywhere people are hurting one another, the planet is rampant with injustices, whole societies plunder groups of their own people, mothers imprison sons, children perish while brothers war. O, woe."

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH THAT, IF IT IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO?

"But nobody wants it! Everybody hates it."

OH. WELL, THEN STOP.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/book/45.php

(Apologies, I am in a funny mood. Maybe its the drugs for my flu. Maybe its the near-imminent DOOM that surrounds us. Or maybe I'm just wierd. But its still a good point)
    :lol:
    Well, either way, its far to late to worry I guess. I guess... war is the only way to hold power until one lot dominates the world, then there is no-one to fight.
    I couldnt a soldier! I maybe a patriot but i am not a hero or anything! I would be killed straight away! step on a mine or somethin! My only hope would be in sniper detail, doing stuff wher eim hidden and dont have to do much in the warzone fighting.
    subject13 wrote:
    I couldnt a soldier! I maybe a patriot but i am not a hero or anything! I would be killed straight away! step on a mine or somethin! My only hope would be in sniper detail, doing stuff wher eim hidden and dont have to do much in the warzone fighting.

Where do you think snipers are? they're prob further into the warzone than anyone else. Plus if you get caught chances are you're going to be topped. Nobody likes enemy snipers.
    Snipers are on hills, hidden in the bush, undercover of night, etc. they are not marching in defensive formation with a squadron ready to be taken out by a shoulder mounted missile.
    subject13 wrote:
    Snipers are on hills, hidden in the bush, undercover of night, etc. they are not marching in defensive formation with a squadron ready to be taken out by a shoulder mounted missile.

But they're not invisible. They get found, they get shot.
    Not as easily as regular troops. It isnt world war two with men in clock tours or snipers in the Balkans you know...I can not believe we are having this debate!
    NQA wrote:
    Where do you think snipers are? they're prob further into the warzone than anyone else. Plus if you get caught chances are you're going to be topped. Nobody likes enemy snipers.

True, did you hear about the Marine snipers in Fallujah? Someone in the Iraqi army gave their position to the insurgents, all were killed quite nastily. Ambushed up close. I cant remember for certain but they may have been decapitated after they were killed.
    I'd rather be a standard officer, I've decided. Running checkpoints, protection money, drugs, involving myself in local organized crime, selling arms, prostitution rings...I'd come out of the Green Zone a millionaire. If I'm going to be drafted (the only way I'll go to that hellhole) then I may as well make alot of money off of it.

Cain,
    has no shame in his game.