Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Darvocet vs Vicodin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello there, I was wondering if anyone knew the difference between propoxyphene (the opiate in Darvocet) vs hydrocodone (Vicodin)? I'm used to Vicodin so I don't want to do some accidental overdose thing off of the Darvocet.

Thank you :heart::heart:

Pistola"

Comments

• Options
    dunno anything about it but google...

http://forums.lycaeum.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000224

theres a thread on some forum with info on it

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Pharms_-_Propoxyphene.shtml

theres expierence reports from erowid

dunno if its of any use to you but worth checking :thumb:
  • Options
    Don't know the difference in technical terms, but Darvocet will give you a much more sedated high (too sedated for my tastes, really, as you can fall asleep quite easily) whereas Vicodin doesn't make you as sluggish and (at least for mke personally) happy as hell. My cheeks almost hurt after a while from grinning :D

Darvocet is shit for selling too, as it is not only shitty, but has virtually no name recognition. You'd be lucky to get $1/pop...
  • Options
    Wow I probably should have read this before I popped 5 of them that my friend gave me and just slept for a good 6 hours straight.

*yawn*

live and learn I suppose....
  • Options
    Ah well, at least the comedown is pretty gentle. Lol, yeah if you already had a good tolerancy to Vikadin, there's no reason to take a step down to those. Unless they're free, of course...I mean who really gives a fuck then? Seriously though, your money would be better spent on speed, as it is REALLY getting cheap these days (I see that you live in the US, so yes, this applies to you), and it lasts for most of the day if swallowed. Which is essentially a good buzz for 3/4 day for $3/$4...

...you know, come to thikn of it, Darvocet seems almost like a very high-powered Kava Kava. Very nice when you want to get to sleep...blanket feels softer, breathing is easier, slight weighted feeling, etc...