Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Female Singers

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Christina Aguilera is extremely talented, I love her and I don't care who knows it.
    Nina Simone is a goddess, Sugababes rock too, Anastacia has piles of talent but her songs are too samey. Celine dion - talent yes, appeal, no.
    Charlotte Church has a great voice, but her writing skills aren't exactly brilliant (a pile of pap more like).
    En Vogue were underrated.
    Etta James, love love love.
    Eva Cassidy, beautiful voice, beautiful songs.
    Pink, vocally, very talented.
    Joss Stone was great in the beginning, but too early pigeon holed herself.
    Madonna for me has never been talented vocally - she's not a singer, she's an entertainer and a chamleon, nothing more.
    Annie Lennox, amazing - she should be a Dame.
    The Pussycat dolls, I love them and think Nicole has a great voice...

Over n out... Ilora x
  • Options
    corporate tat - hilary duff
    real deal - aimee mann
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    I also like to put Doris Day on on a Sunday.

:love: Doris. How could I forget her, she's my idol.
  • Options
    Amanda Palmer isnt bad.
  • Options
    I don't think anyone's mentioned Liz Phair. she rocks
  • Options
    i don't like the pussycat dolls, they only sell cause they prance around showing their legs and bellies
    why are there so many of them when only one of them really sings anyway? do they need that many backup vocalists?
  • Options
    How can someone mention the Pussycat Dolls in a thread which starts
    Kermit wrote:
    Just following on from Ballerina's thread, really.

Who do you think is corporate pap, and who do you think is the real deal?

Avril is the epitome of corporate pap trying to be something else. Tori Amos is the exact opposite of it, singing about what feminism and life what really is like.

So you can make me come? It doesn't make you Jesus.
  • Options
    Nellie Mckay anyone?
  • Options
    Cerys Matthews had an amazing voice until drink and smoking got the better of her. I liked her better in Catatonia, rather than her solo album. Dolores O'Riordan is great too.

I don't know what they are called but do you remember the band who were in the film '10 things I hate about you'? They played on the roof at the end. I thought the singer in that was good.
  • Options
    not read the whole thread but

Ani Difranco = win.
  • Options
    I don't know what they are called but do you remember the band who were in the film '10 things I hate about you'? They played on the roof at the end. I thought the singer in that was good.

Letters to Cleo? I loved them, was completely gutted when they split. Kay Hanley still rocks though, you should listen to her album Cherry Marmalade. :thumb:
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Christina Aguilera is extremely talented, I love her and I don't care who knows it.
    Nina Simone is a goddess, Sugababes rock too, Anastacia has piles of talent but her songs are too samey. Celine dion - talent yes, appeal, no.
    Charlotte Church has a great voice, but her writing skills aren't exactly brilliant (a pile of pap more like).
    En Vogue were underrated.
    Etta James, love love love.
    Eva Cassidy, beautiful voice, beautiful songs.
    Pink, vocally, very talented.
    Joss Stone was great in the beginning, but too early pigeon holed herself.
    Madonna for me has never been talented vocally - she's not a singer, she's an entertainer and a chamleon, nothing more.
    Annie Lennox, amazing - she should be a Dame.
    The Pussycat dolls, I love them and think Nicole has a great voice...

Over n out... Ilora x
    llora has almost got it in one for me. except i would add beth orton and remove her bottom two. i do like annie lenox, but i wouldnt make her a dame (she scared me as a kid with strange mickey mouse ears on top of the pops, ive never been the same since) and im not a huge fan of the pussycat dolls. but apart from that she has got it spot on for me!
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Letters to Cleo? I loved them, was completely gutted when they split. Kay Hanley still rocks though, you should listen to her album Cherry Marmalade. :thumb:

That's the one! I might see if the album is on Amazon :chin: