Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

bikini line

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
well, my bikini line and me dont get on at all! i used to shave but i found i was getting far too many ingrowing hairs, and i wasnt keeping on top of it. so i decided to go back to the immac, and for some reason now its not getting all the hairs out, its as though i have stubble left behind, its not pretty :yuck: i dont understand why its not taking it all so it is smooth, and i have been leaving it for 10mins, which is the max you can leave it! i cant wax as i bleed, and i have very nasty bruises...(it looks better if i dont do anything at all!) do you know what else i can do? or why the cream isnt working?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    know what you mean. I cant wax or epilate - my skin just bleeds and gets spotty. Cream is crap and smells and i have to go over it with a razor anyway. I just stick to shaving, although its a pain cos theres regrowth within a day but shaving every day makes me sore. :(
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    know what you mean. I cant wax or epilate - my skin just bleeds and gets spotty. Cream is crap and smells and i have to go over it with a razor anyway. I just stick to shaving, although its a pain cos theres regrowth within a day but shaving every day makes me sore. :(
    we'll have to be stubbly bitches together then :p
    stubble is the new black!!
    Stubble is horrible when it rubs on you, especially on sensitive places :(
    Stubble is horrible when it rubs on you, especially on sensitive places :(

You Pussy! :p
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    i cant wax as i bleed, and i have very nasty bruises
    is that when you have it done professionally?

immac doesn't work on me either.
    do you think its less likely to get ingrown and stuff if done professionally?
    lipsy wrote:
    is that when you have it done professionally?

immac doesn't work on me either.
    yeah, id never be able to do it myself, and i thought it was just the one woman, so i have tried 3/4 times, but always the same!
    i had a brazillian done about 6 weeks ago and i did bleed and it looked very sore for about 3 days but then it was all perfect.
    i was told the bleeding was to be expected too.. doesn't it go right after a couple of days?

im not sure what the bruising is about though :s

on a tangent only a third of my hair has grown back and its all soft. will the rest grow back anytime soon ? not that i want it, but in a few years time i might want to be a bit more modest. :blush:
    You Pussy! :p

No, THEIR pussy! :p
    No, THEIR pussy! :p

Hehe... :lol: :thumb:
    lipsy wrote:
    i had a brazillian done about 6 weeks ago and i did bleed and it looked very sore for about 3 days but then it was all perfect.
    i was told the bleeding was to be expected too.. doesn't it go right after a couple of days?

on a tangent only a third of my hair has grown back and its all soft. will the rest grow back anytime soon ? not that i want it, but in a few years time i might want to be a bit more modest. :blush:

I think it always grow back, just slower depending on how it was taken out in the first place. Don't worry you won't be bald forever :thumb:
    I think it always grow back, just slower depending on how it was taken out in the first place. Don't worry you won't be bald forever :thumb:
    lol thanks.thought u was off to headingley? not hanging around bikini line threads :p
    lipsy wrote:
    lol thanks.thought u was off to headingley? not hanging around bikini line threads :p

eek you discovered my vice :p nah I came back for a bit 'cos I'm not going up til later. And I'm eating now :D
    eek you discovered my vice :p nah I came back for a bit 'cos I'm not going up til later. And I'm eating now :D
    take me to headingley with you, ive not been for ages! i used to frequent the skyrack many a weekend when i didnt think i looked old enough to get into town! how wrong i was! :p
    lipsy wrote:

i dont want to sound horrible, but i can only imagine its what someone looks like when they've been attacked. the bruising is huge, and dark. and then it takes ages for it to fade and goes yellowey. can you think of anything else i can do instead?
    just shave it. Use expensive razors and change them every few times.
    Either that or save up for laser hair removal
    just shave it. Use expensive razors and change them every few times.
    Either that or save up for laser hair removal
    shaving its much cheaper lol.
    I use that veet razera stuff and it works a traet! every now and again i have it waxed, and thats fine, just shaving thats no good! You should try the veet razera
    I use that veet razera stuff and it works a traet! every now and again i have it waxed, and thats fine, just shaving thats no good! You should try the veet razera
    is it better than the normal veet? is it closer?
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    take me to headingley with you, ive not been for ages! i used to frequent the skyrack many a weekend when i didnt think i looked old enough to get into town! how wrong i was! :p
    i live about 3mins walk from the sky rack :razz:
    lipsy wrote:
    ahh you lucky lucky thing! i miss leeds, im going to have to go back for a visit soon!
    bruising and bleeding from a wax?!

bloody hell i'm lucky!

get your tweezers out. :p

i never dare go near my bikini line with a razor. :nervous:
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    is it better than the normal veet? is it closer?

yeah i find that it is, the razor thing has like a little rubber strip thet you scrap the cream and hair with, leave it all silky smooth!
    bruising and bleeding from a wax?!

bloody hell i'm lucky!

get your tweezers out. :p

i never dare go near my bikini line with a razor. :nervous:
    i was thinking about tweezing, but it may take a good few hours lol. with me stopping and starting due to pain! i might try it later on, see what happens! fingers crossed!
    I'm glad other people have the same problem! I find shaving is ok but always ends up all red stubbly and often in a shaving rash whish looks horrid! Tried cream and its pretty crap not going for wax ver ver ver sensitive skin so god knows what I'd turn out like!
    Mine not that its a problem the now really, no-one is going to see it cos not involved with anyone and unlikey to b :-(
    Maybe if you just wax more often. I used to get really really irrated from wax. Bleeding, ingrown hairs, lots of pain, redness and puffyness for about 24 hours. The same thing happened with my eyebrows years ago and just after keep doing it, it jus stopped and became pain free and irratation free.
    lipsy wrote:

me too!! :thumb:

as for the question, i just shave. ive thought about waxing but im a bit of a wimp to be honest.
    my_name wrote:
    Maybe if you just wax more often. I used to get really really irrated from wax. Bleeding, ingrown hairs, lots of pain, redness and puffyness for about 24 hours. The same thing happened with my eyebrows years ago and just after keep doing it, it jus stopped and became pain free and irratation free.
    i hope you're right! if i am still in pain months down the line, ill be marching my way to illinois, and tracking you down little missy :p
    yeh im sure if you went a few more times it'd get a lot better.
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    i hope you're right! if i am still in pain months down the line, ill be marching my way to illinois, and tracking you down little missy :p
    That wasnt littlemissy, that was my_name!