Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Being out of college and applying for Student Finance...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Right....ive been accepted....im filling in accomodation forms....im going in for open days, activity days, etc...all sorted.

BUT....finance! I left college last year with no intention of goin to uni...but that proved a really dumb thing to do so i've applied from outside of the system.....which makes the applying for student finance a bit tricky because as i understand it they basically come into college and guide you through it.

What do you do in this situation?
Do i call my LEA and say "Eh? what? help me!! *gibber*" ?
Since im not in college and wont be handed lots of lovely forms to apply with, do i wait til March/April and apply online? DO i need to actually phone the LEA up prior to doing this?

Oh and....student bank accounts......anyone reccomend a good one? Im currently with HSBC so opening another account with them wouldnt be hard but are they worth it? I heargood things about Natwest too...

Thanks to anyone who can help....and if you cant, dear god try!! lol
Peace
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    go to your local post office, they should have some forms there for you :)
    Right....ive been accepted....im filling in accomodation forms....im going in for open days, activity days, etc...all sorted.

BUT....finance! I left college last year with no intention of goin to uni...but that proved a really dumb thing to do so i've applied from outside of the system.....which makes the applying for student finance a bit tricky because as i understand it they basically come into college and guide you through it.

What do you do in this situation?
    Do i call my LEA and say "Eh? what? help me!! *gibber*" ?
    Since im not in college and wont be handed lots of lovely forms to apply with, do i wait til March/April and apply online? DO i need to actually phone the LEA up prior to doing this?

Oh and....student bank accounts......anyone reccomend a good one? Im currently with HSBC so opening another account with them wouldnt be hard but are they worth it? I heargood things about Natwest too...

not sure if its a student bank account but alliance & leixcester currently have the bset current account and if you sign up and then get a mate to sign up you get £50 each, I think. Not sure though.
    Mia16 wrote:
    go to your local post office, they should have some forms there for you :)

If your right, im sending you a big box of chocolates....i know where i am with forms. lol.
    Thanks
    If your right, im sending you a big box of chocolates....i know where i am with forms. lol.
    Thanks

or call the university you want to go to and they may be able to send you some
    Considering im supposed to be entering into higher education, proving that im of a high enough calibre to maintain the high academic standards of university level education.......youd think id have thought of that .lol
    i would've thought ringing your LEA up would be your best bet.