Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

cocodamol/paracetamol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    cocodamol contain an opiate, codeine phosphate

you can get OTC ones i believe which are 8mg codeine / 500 paracetamol

prescribed ones are 30/500

i dont think its that high of a dosage, i wouldn't think you would get addicted but i suppose its all down to how often you take them and how long you take them for

im nearly certain its not harmful espically in such a small dosage

and to save someone else saying it .. you should phone nhs or go to your gp and enquire ;)
    Liver damage is a risk of the paracetamol (acetaminophen in the USA) aspect of co-codamol so you need to be mindful of the recommended dosage. Be sure to tell your doctor if you have a long-term history of alcohol use and avoid drinking alcohol while taking any form of paracetamol. Paracetamol’s medicinal properties have dual therapeutic and toxic routes of metabolism; however, in safe dosages and under non-risk conditions (i.e. someone who does not frequently consume alcohol or binge drink), the body can eliminate the “bad” part of the drug that is a small by-product of metabolism without difficulty. Alcohol and paracetamol compete for the same enzyme that is necessary for your body to eliminate both. In short, taken in excessive doses or with alcohol, you are overloading your liver beyond what it can handle and are risking liver damage.

The codeine may be the least of the concern, provided you don’t take co-codamol on a regular or excessive basis.
    Thanks, I'm booking an appointment on Monday, I'm not entirely sure I need to take them to be honest and I dont wanna develop a tolerance.
    it's very doubtful you will ever get dependancy props.
    the no drinking is cos added with booze puts more of a strain on your vitals.
    i'm eating coiene at the moment coss i have a rotten tooth ...i'm also drinking carlsberg specials.

but i'm that old noq that i#m bullet proof .'l /.. ..