Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Im about to apply for my first "real" job in the big wide world

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i dont really know what the point to this post is other than to be really scared.

im about to finish my uni degree and am applying for jobs. i have found one that really really interests me as a field studdies instructor for schoolies on residential field trips in dorset. it only runs until november but it will give me some experience and just sounds like so much fun.

so to anyone just finishing their degree, have you started to apply for jobs? how do you feel about it? ayone else feel like there entering the big scarey wide world and would much rather hide at the back of a lecture theater?

mel-H
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey,

Im in my last year of uni and have started looking at jobs and i have mixed feelings about it! On the one hand i am completely bored of uni and education now and cant wait to get a job but on the other hand i dont want to move back home and leave all my friends.

Im looking forward to new challenges when i get a job though (if i get one that is!) and finally earning money! Not started applying yet as I dont finish uni until the end of May. When I do start applying though ill be looking for marketing assistant type jobs, hopefully in music or art.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have just applied for a teaching pool and it is well scary. am soon going to be in the real world and it is quite intimidating! But exciting at the same time :)