Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Converse

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wear them straight. I dont care if they happen to be in fashion, i'll still wear them when their not. If I have them on tight I dont need my ankle support on, and if they are loose I can wear my brace with them. She I dont even need to wear one shoe when I tear my ligaments (which happens alot):thumb:
    I wear them because they are comfortable and I like them :D

But meh, who cares about how they are laced, they are just shoes! The world will NOT end if you lace them up in a certain way.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i wouldnt wear them myself, but id definately say staight.
    I thought straight was an eeeeeeemooooooo thing. I wear mine zig-zag. Once saw someone that laced top to bottom (????).
    Blah wrote:

Are they actually comfy? they dont look like they offer much support. I normally wear skater trainers (even though im not a skater...) because i find the padding really comfy and they support the foot arch really well, but aren't converse all stars just flat like a plimsole? this is the thing putting me off...

I have two pairs of converse cos I actually love the way they look but i find them quite uncomfortable! i mean i can wear them and go shopping or something but if i was going on a walk and i had to wear them for ages I'd wear other shoes, they start to hurt the ball (? i think) of my foot.

I like all the different styles and stuff though.
    Blah wrote:
    Are they actually comfy? they dont look like they offer much support. I normally wear skater trainers (even though im not a skater...) because i find the padding really comfy and they support the foot arch really well, but aren't converse all stars just flat like a plimsole? this is the thing putting me off...

they're not the most comfortable things in the world if you're doing a lot of walking - i always put my knackered old nikes on if i know i'm going to be pottering about for hours, but for day to day i do find them pretty comfy.

you're right about them being flat, though, and if shoes like that don't agree with them you might not get on. unless you can find good insoles :p
    Converse have been around well before they were in fashion just now.

Hell, I wore them when I was 12, which was almost 11 years ago. I had a pair of patent black. They were so cool, they were advertised on the back of What's On TV for £13.99, I believe. Proving they were SO not in fashion, ha.

I think Converse are cool on anyone.
    Yeah converse have been around for donkeys, I'm pretty sure my dad used to wear them in the 70's/80's. x
    I used to hate shoes that made my feet look big but i ont care any more cos converse look so nice and are comfy, although i wear my laces zigzag....

Cant wear em for running and goin to gym cos they give u split shins

they do some well nice ones tho, my friend is crazy about em she as some in pink checked, and some silver sequin ones.....theyre crazy! I would get some more cos i only ave black ones but they are quite expensive compared to what i normally pay (im a cheapie) but i did get my black boot ones reduced from £35 to £17!!
    I can't understand how anyone can like Converse trainers. They are so hideously ugly! My place of work sells them and the have almost completely sold out of the stock we've had in. I just don't get the attraction :no:

I had one woman yesterday asking for a pair for her daughter, i felt like asking them, why they hell do you want those anyway there are far nicer trainers out there :chin:
    EDN1 wrote:
    I can't understand how anyone can like Converse trainers. They are so hideously ugly! My place of work sells them and the have almost completely sold out of the stock we've had in. I just don't get the attraction :no:

I had one woman yesterday asking for a pair for her daughter, i felt like asking them, why they hell do you want those anyway there are far nicer trainers out there :chin:
    i don't like trainers that look remotley sporty though so i like converse and pumps.