Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I was wrong about my payrise

I was wrong about my payrise, i didnt get a 45p an hour payrise, it turns out to be an 85p an hour payrise.

Plus the pay i got today, included some backpay from last week, for hours they hadnt paid me (for whatever reason), which was earned at the lower rate, yet i got paid my back hours at the new rate :)

though i did get taxed about £75 in total (NI+Income)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's terrific.
    Drinks are on MrG :D

tankard.gif

Nice one.
    That's terrific.

isn't it just.
    well im no longer on a terribly poo £4.60 an hour
    MrG wrote:

That is pretty poo really, well done on the payrise tho :D Haven't caught up to me just yet :p
    MrG wrote:

Well done on the payrise - but you obviously chose to work for that money. So you can't complain because you could have got another job, right?

I'm not being snobby or owt, but I wouldn't get my fat arse out of bed for anything less than £7 an hour.
    I'm not being snobby or owt, but I wouldn't get my fat arse out of bed for anything less than £7 an hour.

Me neither, lol
    Well done on the payrise - but you obviously chose to work for that money. So you can't complain because you could have got another job, right?

you still can complain, because it was a low rate of pay

its like saying you cant complain about paying taxes, i mean you choose to work
    MrG wrote:
    you still can complain, because it was a low rate of pay

its like saying you cant complain about paying taxes, i mean you choose to work

That is bollocks. I HAVE to work - to live.

I DON'T HAVE to agree to working for shit pay.
    MrG wrote:

you still earn less than me and i only sit behind a checkout!
    That is bollocks. I HAVE to work - to live.

I DON'T HAVE to agree to working for shit pay.

what im getting at is that other units within the company have higher rates of pay, so we can complain that we have low pay, and ask that they do something about it
    Well congrats to you. :thumb:

Better that expected is always good :)
    Well congrats to you. :thumb:

Better that expected is always good :)

thankyou :)

Not really. I earn far more now at my job than other jobs I've had but it's not as if at the time I was "choosing" to earn less. It largely depends on what opportunities there are around and what experience and qualifications you have.

Congrats Mr G :thumb:
    i was poor and broke (this was about a year ago) and i was applying for jobs left right and centre, and if you have ever heard the phrase "walking straight into a job", thats exactly and precisely what happened with me and my job, so at the time was a life saver, and now ive been there long enough and put in good hard work, im on the management ladder
    MrG wrote:
    i was poor and broke (this was about a year ago) and i was applying for jobs left right and centre, and if you have ever heard the phrase "walking straight into a job", thats exactly and precisely what happened with me and my job, so at the time was a life saver, and now ive been there long enough and put in good hard work, im on the management ladder

and plus you really enjoy it so you cant put a price on that :)