Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Recommend me a face mask and moisturiser

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need to buy a new face mask and a new moisturiser... what do you guys recommend? I have dodgy skin- dry in part, greasy in other with a bit of acne. (That makes me sound really unattractive doesn't it!?)

Comments

• Options
    :flirt:

Well I have really dry skin too and I like olay's facial lotion (and no, not the anti wrinkle kind :p)
    And then http://www.dealtime.com/xPO-Morgan_Mint_QUEEN_HELENE_MINT_JULEP_MASQUE_8oz because of what it says it does (dont know if it works but i like it anyways:p)
    (and yes, not sold there maybe stuff, just a mint julep thing masque then, i just linked there cuz it says what it helps with.
  • Options
    i use the avon clearskin clay mask

and at the moment im using palmers cocoa butter on my face

i like them both :thumb:
  • Options
    I got a 3 minute face mask from boots which is good and i also use an oil free nivea moisturiser as i have the same kind of skin as you.
  • Options
    either of the boots botanics clay/mud masks
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    On a related note, I just came across a site called Skin Deep, that allows you to search for beauty products and read quite a comprehensive listing about how safe your brand is for you and the environment. Makes for really interesting reading. It is a US site, so some of the products are different, but the big names like Mabelline, Loreal, Charles Worthington, Biotherm, Neutrogena etc are on there.
  • Options
    Nice site :thumb:
  • Options
    For mosituriser, I swear by Simple Oil Control. I have t-zone skin on my face as well, and its the only one I've found that doesn't dry my skin out, or give me terrible spots.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i use the simple face mask..its nice, and its quick, so it can be done while you get ready in the morning, and i just use a moisturiser from tescos, which does the job nicely.
  • Options
    Thanks guys :thumb:

In the end I bought the moisturiser than Kermit suggested (took me ages to find it though) and a few sachets of masks as I couldn't decide which to get. know sachets work out more expensive but I couldn't decide which to get and I get bored easily.
  • Options
    Good choice on the moisturiser-I'm a fan of simple things, they always work well on my skin :)
  • Options
    Mask- I use a Superdrug own brand in Raspberry exfoiliating one, really good for cleaning out those pores.

Moisturiser- Oil of Olay sensitive (white bottle) as its not greasy and i can wear it under make up
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Mask- I use a Superdrug own brand in Raspberry exfoiliating one, really good for cleaning out those pores.
    I've had that one... it was good actually.