Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Why does every TV show need a "personal drama"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I liked the show House. It was funny. His comments. It made me laugh. It was a good show, I even tivo'd it. Now, ooo, House has a self destructive problem, thats what they show in the previews. Oooo, lets make the show not fun anymore.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    try 24, Jack Bauer's wife adn unborn baby have died, he has nearly lost his daughter numerous times, seen all his girlfirends since die or get put in mortal danger, had to chop off his daughters boyfriends arm, shoot his boss as blackmail, had a heroin addiction, have the Chinese embassy and 'powers that be' want him dead or captured, pretend to die and go into hiding, and now see his closest friends killed - all in seven years and he's still the same alpha male he always was, only slightly older with less hair.
    my_name wrote:
    I liked the show House. It was funny. His comments. It made me laugh. It was a good show, I even tivo'd it. Now, ooo, House has a self destructive problem, thats what they show in the previews. Oooo, lets make the show not fun anymore.

It isnt a comedy, it is a serious drama and has always been...It is only suppose to be a little funny and a lot serious.
    subject13 wrote:
    It isnt a comedy, it is a serious drama and has always been...It is only suppose to be a little funny and a lot serious.

Crazy, cuz when I watch it, its alot funny with a serious hospital tone :chin: Either way, the personal problem bit seems irrevelant to me anways.
    I know what you mean. Like on all these detective shows where not only is the detective trying to solve a murder but is also divorcing from his wife, having a custody battle, and is an alcoholic.
    Cazzoo wrote:
    I know what you mean. Like on all these detective shows where not only is the detective trying to solve a murder but is also divorcing from his wife, having a custody battle, and is an alcoholic.

Yeah! It really takes away from the rest of the show. :p
    I don't know.......but your mother and I don't love you anymore and have cut you out the will! Pablo the gardener gets it all!

And Lytifa has been kidnapped by your deranged ex husband, Lancelot!

Now this thread has a personal drama!
    I think the point is to make it more like real life. Kinda like the movie Crash. There's not just one thing in our lives, and sometimes we cross paths.
    This is the reason I lurve L&O, they never get into personal shit.