Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sex for sex sake

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is it possible?
Or do we always get some emotions tangled up in there somewhere. Do we tell ourselves its just for the physical pleasure, and supress our emotions, or can the two be completely separate?

I thought it was possible, but then I realised that some of the occassions where I had sex for sex sake, preceded an episode of feeling really low and insecure and bad about myself.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    I guess different people are different, but I find it hard to believe that anyone can completely separate emotions from sex. I think some people do a good job surpressing them though.

I know I couldn't even if I tried. I couldn't have sex with someone without some kind of emotional attachment. Sometimes I wish I could just to enjoy the sex, but then again, I think a lot of the pleasure I get from sex is partly down to the emotional attachment I have with the other person.
  • Options
    I always used to think so but I think that actually there's always some emotion involved but it might not be from both people. In other words at least one if the two will get more attached although they might hide this from the other.
  • Options
    You can have sex for sex's sake, but it can never be totally without emotion.

You can have sex without any real feeling for your partner, but there's always some emotion. I just couldn't believe that someone was willing to have sex with me, so I had sex with them.
  • Options
    I think it's quite possible if you go fuck a whore.

I don't think it'll be that hard not to have any emotions.
  • Options
    I think it's quite possible if you go fuck a whore.

It depends what you mean by emotion.

You can have sex without any feelings for the partner.

You can't have sex without any feelings.
  • Options
    Iv tried having sex for sex's sake twice,

once it worked, once it didnt and i developed feelings for the guy although i didnt tell him, however i think this wasnt helped by the fact he was my flatmate and i had to see him constantly.

i think it depends on how well you know the person, it would be a lot easier to have uninvolved sex with someone that you dont know very well
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It depends what you mean by emotion.

You can have sex without any feelings for the partner.

You can't have sex without any feelings.

Well yeah if you don't feel anything how do you get pleasure out of it.

You still have contact so obviously you feel one body against an other, don't
    know how you could have sex otherwise.

But what I mean is you could fuck a whore without giving a shit about her at all.
  • Options
    From past experience i think meaningfull sex is best as it helps you put your emotions into it an helps yo be experienced for when you fins the right person.
  • Options
    I think it depends on the aftermath of the thing. The only time I've ever done that the guy immediately turned out to be such a complete idiot that my only feelings were regret. I'm glad it happened because I know there's no attraction in 'meaningless' sex for me, so I value my subsequent relationships all the more.
  • Options
    I couldn't.
  • Options
    me either. theres got to be some sort of emotional attachment
  • Options
    Erm, I did precisely this for a while.

I didn't have a boyfriend, but I wanted to have sex. I had a male friend in a similar position, so we became fuckbuddies. We, y'know, tried stuff and generally had a giggle and we're still mates. We're both in relationships now but we meet from time to time and tell each other what we've been up to (in Sex and the City levels of detail).

I don't actually fancy him, but he knows how to fuck and I'd start the arrangement again if we both became single.
  • Options
    I fucking wish I was able to detach the two in my mind! But I have to add my voice to the "I couldn't" collective.
  • Options