Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Converse

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Very simple quick question- converse all star trainers. Should the laces be criss crossed and zig zag or should they be straight and horizontial? Whatcha reckon?

Comments

• Options
    Na, I recon the coolest way is without any laces <b/>
  • Options
    I have a pair of red ones and I criss-cross the laces, so that's the kewlest way ;) .
  • Options
    How ever you prefer really.
  • Options
    straight.

:yes:
  • Options
    Straight
  • Options
    :eek2: does it matter?

now we have to worry about how we lace up our converse?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Not if you dont want to ;)
  • Options
    Straight. With multi coloured laces. Like mine. Yer.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    Na, I recon the coolest way is without any laces <b/>
    run DMC styleee lol

mine are just horizontally laced.
    wear them how the fuck you like, I dont get the question tbh/
  • Options
    Lacing them up straight?? What is that?
  • Options
    straight look like This Which are best.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Why on earth would it matter? I'd say straight looks better, but people aren't going to turn around and go "ZOMG you lace your shoes funny. I hate you!" Or something.
  • Options
    Converse or not, looking at that, straight laces look funny in general. Not to mention I can't even imaaine how you'd actually go about lacing them, or tightening them... but yeah, like moony said, they are laces. I thought all high tops were burned and were now illegeal
  • Options
    Converse allstars are like, the height of fashion for all the emos and indie kids.
    Personally I think they're vile. :thumb:

Ilora x
  • Options
    Converse allstars are like, the height of fashion for all the emos and indie kids.
    Personally I think they're vile. :thumb:

Ilora x

Oh yeah, I could totally see them weiring them.
    I dont like them personally. Whatever.
  • Options
    Converse All Stars are FUCKING COOL. I'm tempted to take pictures of mine now...
  • Options
    I would wear them if they didn't make my feet look like clowns feet.
  • Options
    Well i'm not an emo or an indie kid and i have 3 pairs ;p

I don't get what the big deal with them is the past couple of years though, they are everywhere, which is gay cause they used to be 28 quid a pair and now they are more like 35 but theres more colours and styles to pick from in the shops so it's all good i suppose.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I saw the cutest pair of converse shoes for a babba. They just made me giggle. I'm also with Maria on this one - converse just don't look good on me, even though they are funky. And I ain't emo or indie.

Oh, and straight.
  • Options
    I saw the cutest pair of converse shoes for a babba. They just made me giggle.

Awww yeah i saw some in office and they had the little ones for babies, and then they had actually bootie ones for teeny weeny babies that weren't even proper shoes :heart:

Theres no way i would pay £25 for a pair of booties though, cute as they might be!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    beans wrote:
    Theres no way i would pay £25 for a pair of booties though, cute as they might be!

True, I ain't that mad, but for comedy and cuteness value they definitely got an "awwww"!
  • Options
    Who cares if emo kids are wearing them? They were around way before the emo trend and they'll outlast it by eons. They've always been somewhat "indie" but is that even a bad thing?

Better than shiny white Reebok classics that the owners won't get a spot of dirt on, imo. Or spending £150 on some new faddy, and usually frankly vile, trainers.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Who cares if emo kids are wearing them? They were around way before the emo trend and they'll outlast it by eons. They've always been somewhat "indie" but is that even a bad thing?

:yes:

i've been wearing them since i was about 7 (they weren't converse branded, just lookylikeys) and i'm not about to stop just cause they happen to be in fashion at the mo.

imo, people who avoid trends just cause they're trends are as bad as the people who wear them just cause they're trends.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    imo, people who avoid trends just cause they're trends are as bad as the people who wear them just cause they're trends.

So true.
  • Options
    I prefer the laces straight

I have size 8 feet so i think they would look huge on me, but ive always wanted some and i had some when i was younger.

Are they actually comfy? they dont look like they offer much support. I normally wear skater trainers (even though im not a skater...) because i find the padding really comfy and they support the foot arch really well, but aren't converse all stars just flat like a plimsole? this is the thing putting me off...
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

Oh hell yes.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    Who's that aimed at Kaffrin?

Ilora x
  • Options
    People that avoid trends, just cause they are trends, i would pressume :cool:
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    People that avoid trends, just cause they are trends, i would pressume :cool:

well...yeah.

sorry if you wanted me to make it more clear and/or specifically target someone.
  • Options
    ive got a pair, and you could hardly call me an emo kid, fucks sake im nearly 30. Converse all stars have been around forever. hardly a huge new fashion trend