Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Base

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey, im another newy! u all sound alrite so yeh thort i'd give this a go.
at the begining of march im goin to this "harcore weekender" .... thing. everyone who i am goin with have all been to raves n that b4 n they do base n pills. i've never been ravin n i have never dun base- bt im u kno comfortable with the hole pillin bit. i was just wonderin if n e one had any adviceon wether to do base in the first place? or if u think it wud b a bad idea cuz i have never dun it b4 n two days of it mite b a bit dodgy? jst any thorts will do. i was thinkin try it b4 jst with my mate whose goin n see how i get on with it? bt n e suggestions wud b much appreciated. cheers -x- :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    firstly this thread is years old, secondly im assuming its base speed that was orignally being talked about, not freebase cocaine

thirdly, i wouldnt advise mixing e's with base as the comedown would be terrible, but you'll probably do it anyway

in all honestly speeds a load of shite compared to ecstasy ... but each to their own i suppose
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi there mizunderstood - welcome to the boards.

It is better to start your own thread - so I'm just gonna split it and close the old one.
    I cant really understand the question, can you write it properly?
    bongbudda wrote:
    I cant really understand the question, can you write it properly?

it mightn't be very well written but im sure you can make sense of it :rolleyes:
    z01 wrote:
    it mightn't be very well written but im sure you can make sense of it :rolleyes:

I probably could if I spent five minutes working out that stupid txt speak, but why should I?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    z01 wrote:

actually, although Bongbudda could have been more tactful, he is right. From the Good Manners Guide -
    Text talk

There are reasons why text talk isn't the greatest way to communicate on these boards:
    1. There is no word limit, so you don't need to shorten words, although the odd u and 2 are allowed
    2. It may be faster for you to type, but it takes much longer to read, and the lack of punctuation also makes your posts hard to decipher. It puts people off responding.
    3. Text talk makes you look stupid and illiterate, sad but true. Board users will also assume that if you can't be bothered to write properly, why should they bother to try and help you.
    4. The search - if you write normally, the key words will be picked up when doing a search, helping you and others. One of the main reasons for our search not being as good as it could be is the use of text talk.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I probably could if I spent five minutes working out that stupid txt speak, but why should I?

it took me about 5 seconds, i suppose you're one of those other eejits that refuse to read 'txt spk' ... yes its annoying but its not the end of the world

get fucking over it :banghead:
    doesnt change the fact that you're gonna have new people coming here regularly with new questions and it just happens a lot of those people talk like that .. yes, they SHOULD read the rules but who the fuck reads the rules anyway

so instead of gettin a straight answer to a straight (bar slightly badly wrote) question you clutter up a semi useful thread with this shite

there really are some stuck up cunts around
    Actually, zo1 you are completely wrong. No need to be so rude, is there?
    all im saying is some people needa pull their head out of their arse (and no, this isn't aimed at bong budda personally its a shit load of people on the site)

now ill just stfu before this lowers to a bitching contest
    z01 wrote:
    it took me about 5 seconds, i suppose you're one of those other eejits that refuse to read 'txt spk' ... yes its annoying but its not the end of the world

get fucking over it :banghead:

I'm not used to it, having virtually never used it and having no friends who use it I have next to no experience with txt speak so I do find it hard to read.

For the questioner - read this thread;

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=69710&highlight=base
    the only time i see it is on here too ... am i some sort of super human thats able to comprehend shortened down words whilst everyone else cant ? :rolleyes:

i dont believe for one minute that you can't understand that post... you're just making a fuss over fuck all
    Nice one, way to close a thread. Really helpful to the original poster.
This discussion has been closed.