Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bounty advert (kitchen roll not chocolate)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This advert p*sses me off!!!!!!!!!!! With its stupid jingle "use, use, rinse, rinse, use" If you want something that you can use and then rinse and use again then just by a cloth!!!!!!! lasts longer and you can keep reusing it! :banghead:

And the stupid men dressed up as ladies!!!!!!!

Sorry that is my little rant over with.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Agreed. Why would anyone be pikey enough to try and use a used kitchen roll sheet more than once?
    Cazzoo wrote:
    Agreed. Why would anyone be pikey enough to try and use a used kitchen roll sheet more than once?

Just thank your lucky stars it isn't toilet roll. :D
    maybe because the surface you are cleaning requires more than one single wipe per roll, which is probly quite uneconomical, as opposed to maybe 3or4 wipes in same cleaning session which is

its not as if someone keeps it under the stairs for later
    MrG wrote:
    its not as if someone keeps it under the stairs for later

I bet someone, somewhere does! :o
    Or you could use a j-cloth instead which lasts longer than a piece of kitchen roll? Bounty isn't very environmentally friendly because it doesn't decompose very fast. Or something.
    Miffy wrote:
    I bet someone, somewhere does! :o

just like someone reuses condoms, you always get people who misuse things, either because of lack of intelligence, or they think they know better, or both, in the general term of things, i dont understand getting wound up because someone made decent kitchen roll
    The advert is shit and the product is flawed. A pack of j-cloths costs pennies and they lend themselves far more to rinsing, wringing out and re-using.

I wonder about the so-called marketing whizzes who come up with adverts like this. Get a real job!
    briggi wrote:
    The advert is shit and the product is flawed. A pack of j-cloths costs pennies and they lend themselves far more to rinsing, wringing out and re-using.

I wonder about the so-called marketing whizzes who come up with adverts like this. Get a real job!

My thoughts exactly. Dishcloths are for rinsing and using. I'm not sure what kitchen roll is actually for, I tend to use it for spills and putting in the bottom of the microwave.
    Bounty = crap. Tbh.
    I must admit when I first saw the adverts and my mum brought some Bounty as it was on special offer at the supermart and I throught I would test their claim that all you need is one sheet and it honestly was no better the the shops own brand.
    MrG wrote:
    just like someone reuses condoms, you always get people who misuse things, either because of lack of intelligence, or they think they know better, or both, in the general term of things, i dont understand getting wound up because someone made decent kitchen roll

I know, you always get your lunatic fringe. I was only messing about. :D
    oh we have different commercials! The quilted quicker picker uper, bounty its a catchy tune . And bounty so rules :(
    Bounty the strongest soaker-upper! Bounty! Is how the one here goes.

P.s Bounty sucks!
    You all lie. I spill everything I touch and bounty does the job :p Its even soft so I can u se it on my nose when I dont want to walk to the other room to get a tissue (though its not water degradable so you cant use it as a toilet paper)
    I think it's soft because it's made from fabric rather than tissue paper, if you look on the pack you arent' supposed to flush it, and if you look closely at the sheet itself you will see it's all meshy like fabric.
    Kitchen towel that can be used several times in one "clean up" and then binned is more hygienic than keeping a cloth lieing around for ages.
    It creates more waste though. My mum soaks the cloth in bleach and chucks it when it gets manky.
    Towels are good for drying your hands and such. Then you just stick them in the wash after a few days. Paper towels are good for cleaning up spills, like when you spill your drink and such.
    They all have their uses :p
    It creates more waste though. My mum soaks the cloth in bleach and chucks it when it gets manky.
    Bleach is not without environmental implications though! :p

Sorry, I'm just playing devil's advocate or whatever.
    :p I know! Kills the germy germs though. Some of the cleaning products available are scarily bad for the environment - fairy power spray and cillit bang for two...