Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

getting it up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, i could do with some help. I don't know if this is in the right place...but here goes...

I'm a first year meical student, and my study module at the moment is erectile dysfunction. The internet seems to say a lot about causes and treatments and things like that, but not so much about how it can make someone feel. I reckon most guys have a bit of trouble every so often, whether due to alcohol/medication/pressure...etc.

I just wondered if anyone would be brave enough to tell me how it make a guy feel. Or how does it make you feel if your partner had a problem? from personal experience, I felt extremely unattractive!

Feel free to tell me to get lost, or to redirect me.

Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ok. ive just sent a pm. just to clarify though, this won't be written down or referenced or anything, its just that id like to understand it more, build up a picture in my own mind, so that I can be a more competent caring health professional. And I'm quite interested on a personla level too, because as I said, I experienced it peronally, and could never pluck up the courage to talk to the guy about it.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi there,
    Thanks I received your PM - we think this is fine. It's worth bearing in mind, anyone else who would like to post something similar, that we do prefer people to PM us first.

Thanks for the clarification that nothing will be written down or referenced. If you had been looking for recordable information then we would need to move the thread into the "We need you" forum.
    It hasn't really bothered me when a partner has had erection difficulties .. I know all sorts of things like stress, alcohol etc can be cause so I never take it too personally ...
    I find keeping it down more of a problem :(