Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

who will the next big war be between

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i say china + japan

very dodgy tensions between the 2 at the moment

both spend LOADS on their military, the japanese actualyl ahve on of the biggest and best trained armies in the world, even if it a 'self defence' force as i wish all armies were

Comments

• Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    If it is, bye bye Japan.

I reackon it'll be China taking Taiwan that'll start it off anyway. They've alreadt taken some Japanese Oil Fields with their navy. No-one done anything about it...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    blagsta and klint.
    blagsta and klint.

Klintock's (not so) secret nuclear arsenal comprising the absolute bombshell that countries & money don't exist against Blagsta's array of class analysis.

Run for the hills! :eek:
    blagsta and klint.

Thats going to be a bloody one.
    the U.S. and those bastards up in Canada! They're just sitting up there, biding their time, sharpening their skates so they can come down here in the night and slit our throats while we sleep.

Damn Canukes, I just don't trust em.
    Spliffie wrote:
    Klintock's (not so) secret nuclear arsenal comprising the absolute bombshell that countries & money don't exist against Blagsta's array of class analysis.

Run for the hills! :eek:
    KA-MUTHAFUCKING-BOOM!
    the U.S. and those bastards up in Canada! They're just sitting up there, biding their time, sharpening their skates so they can come down here in the night and slit our throats while we sleep.

Well it might need updating, but there's always War Plan Red ;)

http://www.glasnost.de/hist/usa/1935invasion.html
    i say china + japan

very dodgy tensions between the 2 at the moment

both spend LOADS on their military, the japanese actualyl ahve on of the biggest and best trained armies in the world, even if it a 'self defence' force as i wish all armies were
    Wouldn't it be too much of an econimic risk to take onChina?

What're they arguing about?

God I hope Bush doesn't stick his nose in.
    Israel vs. Iran.

:lol: Have you seen the John Candy film Canadian Bacon? I think Michael Moore directed it actually.
    Canadian Bacon rocks! You know America has an invasion plan ready for Canada and has since like, forever! Because Canada is so colse to Britain and back in the day America didnt like us!

Israel vs. Iran
    America vs. Iran

But China and Japan? If China didnt go Nuclear, who knows what could happen there. China may have a large 6 million strong land army, but they are hardly well armed or trained. As history shows, Numbers do not always equal victory...Just usually!
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Thats going to be a bloody one.

Naaah, I've put the loon back on ignore.
    Aladdin Vs Stargalaxy. :p
    Oh yes, and USA vs Iran...
    Naaah, I've put the loon back on ignore.

He's spat his dummy out because he asked for evidence and I provided some. Bless. :lol:
    Pakistan and India.

Could also mark the first nuclear exchange in history.
    If those two went to war, nuclear missiles will be fired in anger.

Not a pretty prospect.
    USA won't go near China.

It'll be Israel vs Iran then USA will intervene.
    turlough wrote:
    It'll be Israel vs Iran then USA will intervene.

A full-scale war between Israel and Iran is unlikely. Israel isn’t going to invade Iran, the Israelis simply don’t have the means. It’s a possibility that Israel would seek to destroy Iran’s nuclear capabilities by aerial means – but apparently that would be an extremely difficult task. And given that there’d be a pretty strong retaliation from Iran and the Palestinians (lets remember Iran is extremely closely tied to the two biggest Palestinian terrorist groups Hamas and Islamic Jihad) the Israelis wouldn’t bomb Iranian nuclear facilities unless they were 100% sure of success. As for Iran, until they’ve acquired their nuclear weapon I don’t think they’d kick anything off.

There was an excellent albeit worrying article about Iran in last weeks Spectator. I do wonder if Bush and Blair are having second thoughts about Iraq. Indeed as has long been highlighted. with Saddam’s secular regime long counterbalancing Iranian Islamic fundamentalism we wouldn’t be in the position we are now in with Iran had we not toppled Saddam. If Iran get nuclear weapons Saudi Arabia are tipped to follow suit purchasing them from Pakistan. And Gulf States like Oman and the United Arab Emirates are understandably extremely worried at the prospect of Iran obtaining nuclear weapons.

I’m not sure what the solution is to Iran and whether there will be a war. America and Britain are tied up in Afghanistan and Iraq, the public support is also lacking for another war. And Israel doesn’t have the means. The thought of Iran with nuclear weapons however and the consequences in the region of that are frightening and I am absolutely sure that Iran must be stopped from getting a nuclear weapons by any means necessary and although war cannot be ruled out I hope it is somehow resolved peacefully.
    Easter Island and Christmas Island.

who is da best?
    Easter Island and Christmas Island.

who is da best?

Easter Island, DUH.
    Just because the island has them big stone heads doesnt mean it can win a war! Though it probably will.
    A full-scale war between Israel and Iran is unlikely. Israel isn’t going to invade Iran, the Israelis simply don’t have the means. It’s a possibility that Israel would seek to destroy Iran’s nuclear capabilities by aerial means – but apparently that would be an extremely difficult task. And given that there’d be a pretty strong retaliation from Iran and the Palestinians (lets remember Iran is extremely closely tied to the two biggest Palestinian terrorist groups Hamas and Islamic Jihad) the Israelis wouldn’t bomb Iranian nuclear facilities unless they were 100% sure of success. As for Iran, until they’ve acquired their nuclear weapon I don’t think they’d kick anything off.

Destroying Iran's nuclear facilities by air doesn't look possible, with much of the facilities apparently having being built under mountains. As I understand it, aerial attacks by the US/Israel could only be used to destroy Iran's military before a full-scale land invasion, which appears to be the only means by which the facilities could be destroyed.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    subject13 wrote:
    Just because the island has them big stone heads doesnt mean it can win a war! Though it probably will.
    I remember reading somewhere that those are actually whole-body statues, and only the heads are aboveground. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, it's one heck of an army!
    Spliffie wrote:
    Destroying Iran's nuclear facilities by air doesn't look possible, with much of the facilities apparently having being built under mountains. As I understand it, aerial attacks by the US/Israel could only be used to destroy Iran's military before a full-scale land invasion, which appears to be the only means by which the facilities could be destroyed.
    but ...if you totaly destroy the surface infrastructure ...the weapon produced can only remain in their own house.
    Zalbor wrote:
    I remember reading somewhere that those are actually whole-body statues, and only the heads are aboveground. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, it's one heck of an army!

Interesting side note...the statues were made by the local inhabitants, supposedly originally from central America who built small boats and happend by chance to land on this island. As time went by and they created these heads to worship, they decided to move them to coast of the island. So they cut down the trees to roll the statues on, until eventually they were only carving this stone statues and worshiping them, and ignoring their peaceful way of life. As they cut down trees, rain would come cause mud-slides and destroy plant life, with no plant life much animal life (birds) left the island and those that didnt soon died off. With resources so scarce the tribes remaining on the island turned on each other. The statue carvers murdered all the other tribes and canabalised them. Eventually they themselves turned on each other until they were all dead and all that was left was the Stone giant headed statues.

The moral of the story even the most remote, isolated and peaceful of civilisations can turn nasty...when they have an idol or a belief to worship!
    subject13 wrote:
    The moral of the story even the most remote, isolated and peaceful of civilisations can turn nasty...when they have an idol or a belief to worship!

Or that we're all just a couple of meals away from barbarism.
    stoke vs southend on sea
    England vs Germany World Cup 2006.
    leeds fans vs the turkish international squad
    China, USA over Taiwan. Give it 20 years and the Chinese will have the amphibious and missile tech needed to invade and will. America will of course honour its obligations to Taiwan (unless they act smart all of a sudden) and send in the Pacific Fleet. Japan and South Korea will also maintain their obligations to Taiwan too, Japan in particular as it relies on trade coming through routes around Taiwan, which will by that point be a shooting gallery. And if China does somehow take a beating at the hands of the US Navy they may well decided on the Malacca option and choke the oil trade in South East Asia at that vulnerable point. What could happen in central Asia(with the US bases there) is anyone's guess, but I dont think it would be pretty if the Americans openly supported Taiwan's military actions.