Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Take part in a BBCTwo programme

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
BBCTwo is looking for for young people to take part in a new programme called Extreme Dreams. Here are the details:

We're sending four groups of five people away on the adventure of a lifetime to an inhospitable climate somewhere around the world. It could be a desert, the arctic, the jungle or perhaps up a mountain. It's no easy holiday though. The programme will follow the adventurers as they face arduous tasks and reach their ultimate goal at the end of the challenge....and we need you to be part of that challenge!

We are scouring the UK for suitable applicants especially people aged 18+. This is very much a case of applicants needing a personal motivation to go on a trip like this. Maybe you’re stuck in a rut and need to break out or maybe you’ve just been through a bad time and need to move onto something new. Maybe you think you deserve it after working hard at something or find your self at a crossroads in your life either emotionally or something else. Whatever the story, we want to hear about it and we will consider all who apply.

Phone the Extreme Dreams voicemail on 08704909764 and leave your name and number and feel free to tell us why you think you should go!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds like a mint idea... voicemail fully left. :D
    ah shit.why cant it be 16+ i want to take part double shit. you cant swear on this can you?
    Fuck that...I'd probably go home after a day or two.
    turlough wrote:
    Fuck that...I'd probably go home after a day or two.

My thoughts exactly.
    I'm not sure it's possible to just go home from the middle of a jungle or the arctic...thanks for the response so far everyone. Keep em coming and if you don't hear from us leave a message again. Some voicemail messages have been breaking up so we can't ring you back!
    anyone here get called back for this?
    **Helen** wrote:
    It could be a desert, the arctic, the jungle or perhaps up a mountain.

I'm in!!
    badabing wrote:
    anyone here get called back for this?

Me. :D
    are you allowed to smoke fags and drink beer?
    are you allowed to smoke fags and drink beer?

Didn't even think of that... :(

I thought I'd call up, nothing to lose and all that. The woman rang me back literally two minutes later which was scary, and she asked me questions that were nosy as hell! I doubt I'd do it even if they chose me to though, heh.
    briggi wrote:
    Didn't even think of that... :(

I thought I'd call up, nothing to lose and all that. The woman rang me back literally two minutes later which was scary, and she asked me questions that were nosy as hell! I doubt I'd do it even if they chose me to though, heh.

What makes you think you wouldn't do it mate?!
    What makes you think you wouldn't do it mate?!

Would probably end up being freezing cold, crying on the side of a mountain with a camera shoved up my snotty nose 'Blair Witch' stylee. ;)

Did she ask you loads of questions you weren't ready for, too, or was that just my complete lack of foresight?
    briggi wrote:
    Would probably end up being freezing cold, crying on the side of a mountain with a camera shoved up my snotty nose 'Blair Witch' stylee. ;)

Did she ask you loads of questions you weren't ready for, too, or was that just my complete lack of foresight?

I had a guy... and he was really good, dead friendly. Asked the kind of questions I think I expected. I wasn't shocked by any of them anyway! Did they say they;d be in touch or owt?
    Hmm, she said she was gathering background information and would be in touch within a week.

I hope you get to do it (and go for it!), it'd be mad to see someone from here on t'telleh. :thumb:
    Eeee, I really hope I get a chance... I'd sooo take it! Haha imagine being on telly, wierd. But mint. :D
    What type of questions did they ask you?

(Because I'm nosey)
    Sounds a veritable crap-o-rama.

I'd really love to be a reality TV star (a relatively loose definition of the word).
    does ringing cost the same as a national call
    If anyone gets on the show, I'm sure we could print some limited edition TheSite t-shirts to wear.
    can i have one anyway cuz i got so far?! please?????? my old tshirts gettin a bit battered now!
    'Fraid we don't have any made any more :(
    Jim V wrote:
    If anyone gets on the show, I'm sure we could print some limited edition TheSite t-shirts to wear.

Even more reason for me to keep my fingers/toes/numerous body parts crossed then, eh?!!! Haha! :D
    Even more reason for me to keep my fingers/toes/numerous body parts crossed then, eh?!!! Haha! :D

has anyone been to film you yet?
    badabing wrote:
    has anyone been to film you yet?

They came on Thursday... what about you?!
    They came on Thursday... what about you?!

yeh i had one of the producers come on thursday! thursday morning. who came to see you? i wonder if it was the same person
    badabing wrote:
    yeh i had one of the producers come on thursday! thursday morning. who came to see you? i wonder if it was the same person

Oooh! So much excitement, I feel ready to burst! A lady called Emily came and met me on Thursday afternoon, she was ace, I didn't feel nervous or anything! Still talked for England, haha. What about you??!
    oh thats who i spoke to on the phone i think! i got a lady called charlotte, she was very nice, but she forgot to bring her tripod so we spent a while piling up dvds strategically!
    badabing wrote:
    oh thats who i spoke to on the phone i think! i got a lady called charlotte, she was very nice, but she forgot to bring her tripod so we spent a while piling up dvds strategically!

Aww mate. Fingers/toes/everything crossable crossed for us, right?! It would be the best thing to happen to me ever. EVER! :D:D
    how funny would it be if we both got on and to the same trip?! that'd be ace, we'd have a story written bout us by Jim V and everything!! :yes:
    badabing wrote:
    how funny would it be if we both got on and to the same trip?! that'd be ace, we'd have a story written bout us by Jim V and everything!! :yes:

Haha we could wear our specially printed thesite.org tshirts and be matching!!