Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bedroom posters

As you were growing up, what posters did you have on your bedroom wall?

Answering my own query, for several years, I had pictures of dinosaurs. I was obsessed with them. Pictures of dinosaurs all over the walls. Then there was the phase when everything was to do with Sonic the Hedgehog. From about nine, I had nothing on the walls for the next four years, until a poster appeared one day (and I still don't know who bought it) of a completely naked Kelly Brook. :blush:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i used to have posters of slipknot and korn, a crinkly dog saying his life was stressed, a map of the constellations, and the complete geneaology of the monarchs of great britain

i have varied interests :D
    stargalaxy wrote:
    (and I still don't know who bought it)

Yeah yeah, sure ;)

I had a couple of random pop stars posters, but when I redecorated my room in Year 7 I COVERED one wall in pictures of me and my friends... when I redecorated it again, I've gone for a more minimlistic look... theres a few photo frames around and a couple on the walls...
    Erm...I didn't. Until I was like 10, when I started putting up pictures of 911 and Britney.

I was another dinosaur obsessive though. I still have my Complete Book of Dinosaurs somewhere. Oh yes.
    Hanson... lots of hanson :o

I was obviously a disturbed child

hanson16.jpg

Oh the rat tail, oh yes :heart:
    I still have quite a few up.. mainly of bands.. Kaiser Chiefs, Franz ferdinand.. RHCP, The Libertines... A big UNITE one from Mayday and pictures from the day when i met Peter (Doherty).. A David and Goliath one, and lots of random postcards around my mirror.. If i didn't have any up my room would just look plain..
    I think I had the Spice Girls at one point :D And also a giant map showing all the locations where the x-files was filmed. And a Ducati! Oh yeah and a Spitfighter flying past a Hawker Hurricane :thumb:
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Yeah yeah, sure ;)
    You mean it was you? Oh, Nikki! :p
    I had a fucking huge Scottish flag on my wall throughout my entire childhood, thanks Dad. :thumb:

I never went in for posters after that though. Now, I have got an enormous poster (I prefer to call it a print) of the Nashville Skyline cover on my bedroom wall. Love it.
    Liverpool football club posters....some rock posters...massive pulp fiction poster.
    I never had any posters on my walls they were on my roof. Mainly movie and music posters. Pink Floyd, U2 and Hendrix taking up most of the space.

My walls were painted blue on 3 walls. 2 were left plain and the biggest one had the Rangers FC emblem painted on it.

The remaining wall was painted white and EVERYONE who entered my room for 4 years or so signed their name or did a kinda doodle. Looked real smart. Was a big trip down memory lane when it came to redecorating and checking some of the old names and stuff.
    a "bank of ganja" poster - that was my favourite
    caprice wearing nothing but duck tape
    an england flag
    and a few free posters you got free with fhm
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I had an England flag, various posters of girls in a state of undress, a couple of drug posters and big fuck off rave posters everywhere. Now I have nothing.
    Weekender Offender 
    i got taken to ibiza when i was about 11 and nicked loads of posters off of walls and also bought a massive flag thingy from space (nightclub) so my walls were plastered with these :D
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Same as I got know - A Corvette - A Lambo Diablo, F355, Kawasaki Ninja, and Honda Firestorm.

Woo. Used to have a giant Royal Navy one about all the boats and armaments, but I took it down cos it kept falling off. :lol:
    I wasn't allowed any until we moved into our new house, but I generally had film ones, or bands. I still have a Kill Bill poster on the back of the door to cover the stuff on there until the door gets replaced.
    your-babe wrote:
    :thumb: Good choice too, she's fecking fit.
    Are you referring to Uma Thurman?
    tom cruise. for some weird reason... this was YEARS ago though.
    stargalaxy wrote:

No, I think she meant David Carradine :)

I have a poster of Go Go from Kill Bill btw.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    phwoar. :hyper:
    Ghostbusters and I have a trapdoor one, then a couple of band psoters
    As a child I was mad on the Lion King, so I had a huge 3D cut out of a scene from the film... A little older and I had Boyzone posters everywhere...a little after that came Backstreet Boys posters and lots of Leonardo Dicaprio posters.
    I had a huuuge poster of a tiger face 'roaring' which was just lovely...
    Then came Black Sabbath, Offspring and HIM posters everywhere.

Nowadays I have art and photographs framed rather than posters blu-tacked to the wall! Anything that goes on my wall now, is framed in the same black boxed frame :thumb:

Ilora x
    Gavman wrote:
    Ghostbusters and I have a trapdoor one, then a couple of band psoters

OMFG. Trapdoor. :heart:

I can't torrent it anywhere sadly, and it isnt on.
    As a child I was mad on the Lion King, so I had a huge 3D cut out of a scene from the film...
    Ilora x

Oh I'm so jelous
    I have never had a bedroom poster, except one - which is more of a painting. It shows the ten most renowned skyscrapers.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    OMFG. Trapdoor. :heart:

I can't torrent it anywhere sadly, and it isnt on.

my mate bought the entire collection on DVD
    i had a ricky martin one (oh the shame!)
    loads of posters of horses
    stickers out of magasines that i put everywere that still wont come off
    Kylie and Jason (together), Take That, Boyzone and other pop artists.
    Mel-H wrote:
    i had a ricky martin one (oh the shame!)

I was wondering, would you be a bit weirded out if he actually came up to you in a bar in real life? This sweaty, up-himself latino bloke with dodgy hip gyrations?! :yuck:
    I was wondering, would you be a bit weirded out if he actually came up to you in a bar in real life? This sweaty, up-himself latino bloke with dodgy hip gyrations?! :yuck:

Would he be wearing his tight leather pants? :naughty::yuck:
    i think i would wee laughing although im not to sure if i would recognise him.

i dont know whats worse, the fact i had the poster on my wall or that the poster came free with the living la vidalorca (i so cant spell!) single that i bort