Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Strange body

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My body is doing the weirdest thing- it feels like I'm pregnant! But that is so far from a possibility... My last sexual encounter was the beginning of december, barrier protected and the day before my period. Becasue I am a paranoid person I have used a PT since then even after I'd had another period, which came back negative of course. I have had my period this month too- well twas right at the end of Jan I think. (sorry if this is too much detail). But- my body is behaving as though it's pregnant. My breasts have gone up two sizes from a small b to a huge. They feel as though a quick massage would enable me to express milk. My abdomen is, not really more protrudy but I can't push it back And I've put on a few pounds all over, which may be due to my new sedatory lifestyle but my scales have always acted stuck before. The fact that I know someone who had periods until she was over six months pregnant does not help my paranoia! But the test- surely that was conclusive. ARRGGHH

Ok I just tried- and I do have milk! Creamy milk! Not thick like first milk or grey and runny like end milk but somewhere in between. PANIC!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe go to your doctors, set your mind at rest? They'll be more qualified than us to guess
    Pregnancy tests can produce false negatives, but not false positives, so i suggest you take another test, or pop down the doctors and they will do it for you.
    Is there any other oppurtunitys apart from the last one in Decemeber for which you could have become pregnant?
    I know dogs can have phantom pregnancy's and i'm pretty sure humans can aswell so i suppose that could be a possibility, but i think the best thing all round is for you to pop down your doctors :)
    Yeah, I'll set off for the Docs. Could be an embarrassing conversation though: "Hi doc, it's about as likely that I'm pregnant as me winning the lottery, even though I don't buy tickets but... Could I be pregnant?" lol. I think I'l try another home kit first!

I thought about phantom pregnancy too, but thought they only happen in eople who are wishing they were pregnant? Maybe I'm more broody than I thought. lol
    I now have two tests. This is so that when the first comes back negative (which it will) I can indulge my paranoia once more with a further test to be sure. Hmmn, to do it now or wait for morning wee? Kind of irrelevant really as I'm not even late for my period...
    Aaah goodluck
    The weewee says NO! lol. I knew that/know that. SO why am I still doing another with morning wee to be 100%. paranoia...paranoia...
    katralla wrote:
    The weewee says NO! lol. I knew that/know that. SO why am I still doing another with morning wee to be 100%. paranoia...paranoia...

Don't worry it'll be fine :) You can do another if you like but two is the most you need I think!
    my doc friend just freaked me out with "oh, sounds more like a cyst to me". Hmmn, don't know which I'd prefer to be honest.