Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

College Assessment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I've applied to college, and now I'm waiting for an interview. I've just received a letter saying I'll soon be invited to the college for an assessment. Does anyone know what that'll involve?

Ilora x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The assessment at ours was just a computerized test... of things like simple maths, english and ICT skills. Most courses you're required to take Key Skills and Basic Skills along side, with exams etc depending on your previous qualifications.

They're fairly easy tbh. You can't fail. (That is of course, if its the same as ours). What course are you taking?
  • Options
    I had a home assessment to do before I went to college. I had to write an essay on the uses of IT in this day of age. Each college is different though but they should be easy.
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    The assessment at ours was just a computerized test... of things like simple maths, english and ICT skills. Most courses you're required to take Key Skills and Basic Skills along side, with exams etc depending on your previous qualifications.

They're fairly easy tbh. You can't fail. (That is of course, if its the same as ours). What course are you taking?
    It's a one year diploma in Theatrical and Media Makeup artistry....

I already have 10 GCSE's and 2 A Levels...

Ilora x