Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What do you all do?

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    customer service assistant

dont really like it because of the big boss :-(
    Cheers...i'll recommend it to my other half. Why cant they just give you the benefit of the doubt when you've got the qualifications, but no solid on the job experience :rolleyes:

because it's one thing to have the theoretical knowledge in your head, and quite another to perform well in a commercial environment, that's why......i've had to start from the bottom with everyone else after graduating with a 2.1 in computer networking (where i was stoned off my head 24/7), and prove my worth as a support technician in a college for 8 months........all worth it because i've just had an excellent job offer from a business ISP in the docklands, so that's what i'll be doing in a months time....... :)
    ~Apollo~ wrote:
    because it's one thing to have the theoretical knowledge in your head, and quite another to perform well in a commercial environment, that's why......i've had to start from the bottom with everyone else after graduating with a 2.1 in computer networking (where i was stoned off my head 24/7), and prove my worth as a support technician in a college for 8 months........all worth it because i've just had an excellent job offer from a business ISP in the docklands, so that's what i'll be doing in a months time....... :)
    Exactly. You have to start out equal to those that don't have a degree. But in a years time when you go for the same job as those with the same experience as you, you will probably get picked ahead of the ones without a degree.
    Mel-H wrote:
    Im a full time final year uni student, doing environmental biology.

i also do 20 hours a week as a flair cocktail tender (ie throw the bottles round your head) im no good at it but i love my job.
    Hey I do that! Well without the flair bit - they won't trust us with expensive glass bottles, plus I can't juggle. What's you're favourite cocktail? Gonna try making a Hallucanating Melon next time I fancy a shooter. Midori, Baileys then a layer of Absinthe set on fire - lethal.
    I'm back temping again now, working as a HR administrator for Accenture.

I hate it. It is so unbearably boring.
    I'm a trainee biomedical scientist in a hospital histopathology department. AKA doctors' bitch.
    I'm a full time student but I work in my local Co-op during the holidays, usually for ridiculously long shifts in order to afford the next term of uni.
    Temping at HBOS. When you pay off your mortgage, I'm the guy who sits calling you a fucker for giving me more work to do.
    I'm a trainee biomedical scientist in a hospital histopathology department. AKA doctors' bitch.

snap...except I am the histopathology manager :p
    I'm a graphic designer... although at the moment I 'm doing more tea making than designing.... :(

I'm looking for a new job at the moment.... there is always hope! :p
    I am a chef working in a poncy wine bar that Z list celebs frequent lol.
    rachie004 wrote:
    I'm ground staff for a charter airline :D I lurve my jobs :heart:

However I'm leaving in 19 days :crying: ...... to be a hostie for one of the big boys :D :hyper:

My best mate has just got a job being a hostie for Virgin Atlantic, based at Heathrow. Woo! I'm going to miss her so so so soooo much though. :(

I work for a life and pensions company answering questions from financial advisers on the phone all day. Fun.
    I'm a pharmacy dispensing assistant and I love it.

I am aswell
    A student .... accountancy.
    I work at Barnes and Noble, and I also do some work on the side at vMix.com
    Just got another booking for life modelling, which I'm over the moon about. Used to do it a lot the past 2 years, but since I've come to uni I haven't had a chance. Now I've found an art school who want me on a regular basis - score!
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I am a college student, and since no one wants to employ me (stupid people...) I'm stuck as a babysitter. But it pays £50 a night and she goes to bed as soon as I get there so I won't whine. Especially as they have a huge projector screen and lots of DVDs.
    How many hours do you babysit for?

When I used to babysit, I got a tenner a night. :yeees: