Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Slave Descendants to Sue Lloyd's

Story.

Typical Americans- as soon as cash runs a bit low, they try and find someone to sue.

Yes, slavery was a terrible thing, but this is just stupid. I hope they all lose a severe amount of money for it; they're morons.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't believe in 'reparations' for slavery.

Yes, it was reprehensible, nonetheless several issues arise:

Who gets reparations? Anyone who is descended from slaves?

How much do they get? Enough to bankrupt the US federal government??!:rolleyes: :lol:

You cannot (perhaps EVER) prove where their slave ancestors came from! If anything your ancestors could have been Yoruba, Ewe, Ashanti or a host of other tribes and peoples!
  • Options
    I found this a bit hard to accept. At that time the slave trade was happening everywhere so why do these people take it upon themselves to sue Lloyds? Why not sue the people who enslaved them or is it that they aren't available nowdays?

I think that this case is unlikely to succeed, just for the fact that previous actions against Lloyds have failed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the sole liber

You cannot (perhaps EVER) prove where their slave ancestors came from! If anything your ancestors could have been Yoruba, Ewe, Ashanti or a host of other tribes and peoples!

I think they've done it with DNA testing.
  • Options
    Why stop at the insurers? How about the British government?

When can we expect the entire South America to sue Spain and Portugal for their disgusting treatment of the natives?

And when should the British start proceedings against Denmark, Norway and Sweden for their Viking pillaging?

As a matter of fact, when are we men going to sue women for eating the forbidden fruit and having us all kicked out of Eden?

I truly do fucking hate this suing culture bollocks. :rolleyes: :mad:
  • Options
    If black people hadn't of had the idea of selling their own people in the first place then it might not of had to come to this.
  • Options
    I'm going to sue the Italian government for the illegal 400 year occupation of Britain 1500 years ago.
    The whole event left me traumatised and angry at the Italians for killing several of my ancestors.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    If black people hadn't of had the idea of selling their own people in the first place then it might not of had to come to this.

Most were taken against their own will before the White people started trading them "fairly". The Ashantis already had hundreds, thousands possibly of Fanti (woo! etc) and members of various other tribes and the Whites came over and The Ashantis traded them off.

However the idea of suing the people who insured the ships is quite possibly the stupidest idea I have ever heard. They are probably the kind of people who go to Ghana to "find their roots" then go back to America and do the whole Black Panther thing. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    I'm going to sue the Italian government for the illegal 400 year occupation of Britain 1500 years ago.
    The whole event left me traumatised and angry at the Italians for killing several of my ancestors.
    Some of my best friends were Iceni... :crying:
  • Options
  • Options
    I think the idea is to sue the insurers because they were collaborators of an atrocious practice.

However if I were to sue anyone for slavery I could think of bigger and more obvious targets for the lawsuit than the insurers for the ships... :confused:
  • Options
    there is no title ?

this argument has no base nor foundation it's just a retorecal wicked smoke screen.it' tickles me howpeople try to minimize this wicked act torward 4oo million of my foure fathers that just desapierd of the face of this earth .with out a trace.

how many have you loss? :wave:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    this argument has no base nor foundation it's just a retorecal wicked smoke screen.it' tickles me howpeople try to minimize this wicked act torward 4oo million of my foure fathers that just desapierd of the face of this earth .with out a trace.

how many have you loss? :wave:
    Thread is two years old. Moron.
  • Options
    Ha! I just noticed it is 2 years old! How amusing.