Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just recieved offers - what now?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Just recieved the offers of my place at uni.....so what now?
Having been out of education for (what will be) a year by the time september rolls around, it means ive had to go into the university application process unaided......and im lost to say the least.
Aside from replying to offers, that much i can handle, the major sticking point is finance. Who? Where? What? Help :nervous:
Really dont know what im sposed to be doing.....

Any replies welcome....
Ta
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'm in same situation

Check the UCAS website, I'm pretty sure they have all the information you need, and links to all the relevant places.

I also think there is a section on student finance in the government website, but you'd have to google it to be sure.

What offers did you get (and well done by the way!)

Good luck!
  • Options
    I believe it's www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk. Apologies if that's wrong.

You could also sort out a student bank account at some point, if you want to get a 0% interest overdaft (which can be quite useful). I think natwest currently has the 5(?)yr railcard offer, which is the best IMO. But check them out ;)

EDIT: it's .co.uk, not .org
  • Options
    Finance is something that can be dealt with from March onwards. Just spend the next few months preparing your finances, making sure they're in decent shape before starting university. You need to speak to your Local Education Authority. They are the people who deal with this normally. Check the "Student Support Direct"] for more information.