Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cooker

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've been living off the microwave and hob at uni:D and basicaly i thought id do a bit of cooking ...

this is gonna make me sound like sucha dumbass but i cant get the oven to work! i cook stuff all the time at home but this one's dodgy....

basically u push a little knob thing down and hear a gas noise, then turn it to the temp, nd when u let go the gas noise stops...

theres a little ignition button but i thought that was just for the hob? (used to electric ovens :p)

anyway i tried pressing the ignition thing anyway and just leaving it for 5 mins (at 180 or smething) but it didnt seem to have gotten hot at all or given me any indication that it was on :/

any ideas?

btw checked the website for the cooker it said ignition: mains (if that helps :p)

Comments

• Options
    Is there another wheel next to it with different settings on? (fan heat etc)?
  • Options
    nope ... its not fan assisted...

theres one for the grill one for the main oven and four for the hob bits...

unless im meanta stick my hand in there and light it but i feel a bit reluctant lol..it seems like a relatively modern oven
  • Options
    The ignition button is probably for the oven too. Try it.
  • Options
    For our oven/grill/hob, the ignition button rarely works now (we have complained to the landlord but as usual he's yet to do anything about it), we have to either use matches (slightly scary) or a clicker thing where you press the button and they produce either a spark or a flame out the end. Works quite well.
  • Options
    the ignition button is for the 4 hobs, the grill and the oven cause we ahve the same type in our house, so puch the knob in turn to tempt and ignite, wait till you hear it ignite and hey presto, although with ours we find sometimes we have to hold down the button a bit longer to make sure there is enough gas to keep the flame lit
  • Options
    thanks guys... i think it might be the ignition thing, as only one of the hob things works anyway...

hmm thats what i was doing gav, i did kinda hear an ignition noise but it didnt get hot, think i mightve needed to get some more gas in there, cheers :p