Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

omg..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the bastards have turned my heating off it's freezing the radiutaroir is on full but nothing

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It doesn't just need bleeding or anything?
    it worked this morning they are blatently tyrying to save the bill, fuckers...
    We didn't even turn ours on until December! Wrap up warm is my advice :)
    cba to put a jumper on thed rwaer is like 2 foot away... i dont mind if they turn it off in summer but not when its like absolute zero outside
    set fire to the house......come home to a REAL fire!
    no lighter though, i dont smoke... maybe electrical fire is the option? i hear those are dangerous, i will keep some water next to me just in case it gets ou tof hand
    Is the hob a gas one? Et voila :D
    yeh it is actually, sounds liike a plan
    who turned your heat off? Its january! Why the fuck would somebody turn your heat off.
    Yah panzy! I take icey cold baths and showers all the time, wear shorts and tee in heavy snow - It builds character and is good for you - Athletes use cold shower drills to increase willpower so they can meet their goals, cold water is also good for the hairm skin, circulation, faster recovery from physical exertion and weight loss.

Once you get aclimatized to it you won't feel a thing :)
    I've never known any athletes who take cold showers :(
    I can't find it on the net (I will edit this post if I do) but there's alot in Men's Health magazine about using cold water to combat post soreness and increasing recovery by constricting the blood vesseld thus stopping blood leaking into your tissue when you get microtears in your muscles (a requisite of muscle growth).

And about the willpower thing, have you ever sat in a cold bath? Its a test, and I'll quote [Anon] “To strengthen your willpower, you must exercise it.”

The weight loss thing is simple enough - Drinking cold water will make you burn calories as you warm it up to core temperature. Shivering because your in cold water causes the muscles to work 300 times a second - burning quite a bit if you don't mind chittering teeth.
    I would do that to loose wieght, but I'd probably end up with hypothermia(sp)
    Yah panzy! I take icey cold baths and showers all the time, wear shorts and tee in heavy snow - It builds character and is good for you -

See, I think that's stupid. If God wanted us all to freeze, he wouldn't have invented the coat.
    Or fan heaters :yes:
    long distance runners soak in ice water after a race, stops acid build up in ze muscleos see. Who turned off your heating though- that's just mean.
    Get a oil filled Elec heat mate. they dont cost as much on teh elec bill that way. i've got one with a timer and safety cut off it works great
    Youngbull wrote:
    Get a oil filled Elec heat mate. they dont cost as much on teh elec bill that way. i've got one with a timer and safety cut off it works great

does sound pretty good.... i will find the most expensive one on the electricity bill possible (its a uni flat so thats sposed to be 'inclusive')
    Mist wrote:
    See, I think that's stupid. If God wanted us all to freeze, he wouldn't have invented the coat.
    he didn't, humans did :p

but if god did want us to freeze, we'd have no hair :yes:
    The boiler in the uni house controls the heating and the hot water...
    Every weekend for a couple of weeks, the boiler would go out, so we had no heat or hot water upstairs. So not fair, especially as downstairs had heat and hot water just cos they have a different boiler :( Cuddling up under the duvet and watching films was the order of the day