Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The 'what are you reading now' thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So I thought to myself, inspired by the conversation on books, why not see what everyone is reading at the moment? I guess this won't get updated as much as the music one, but it's still interesting to find out! :chin:

So this is my book....

Richard Dawkins - The Selfish Gene
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Bindun btw.

And nothing. I am needing a new book.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Bindun btw.

And nothing. I am needing a new book.

Bollocks. :banghead:
  • Options
    jane Sexes It Up, true confessions of feminist desire. Ed M.L.Johnson. Tis alright. Best book I've read recently... hmmn The Cat in the Hat, absolutely brilliant. I'd never read it before m=but sproglet brought it home from the school library, it's three weeks overdue and tis half term now... shhhhhhh
  • Options
    i'm reading some random posts on thesite
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Randomgirl wrote:
    i'm reading some random posts on thesite
    *cries* :p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I dont read books. I read at least 3 newspapers a day, Independant, Financial Times and Huddersfield Daily Examiner. Sometimes buy Yorkshire Evening Post and The Sun too.

Keeps me intelligent.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Sometimes buy.....The Sun too....Keeps me intelligent.

Well maybe not that example :chin:
  • Options
    Thats just to settle my need for Dear Deidre, over dramatised football stories and two nice breasts on Page 3. I do have a serious pile of newspapers though since October, its almost legendary in my eyes.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Thats just to settle my need for Dear Deidre, over dramatised football stories and two nice breasts on Page 3. I do have a serious pile of newspapers though since October, its almost legendary in my eyes.

You don't chuck them in the bin? I do like dear deidre, although I suspect some of them may be made up :chin:
  • Options
    No. I keep the financial times cos you never know when your gonna need case studies for assignments. I only keep the others cos my flatmate challenged me to keep them all, my collection is far superior to his in every way. The only problem is I have newspapers every where in my room, it looks a mess ;<
  • Options
    Oh so you're studying something along those lines? I have quite a large collection of new scientists, but it probably isn't as impressive as your newspaper mountains ;)
  • Options
    Yeah I'm doing Business. The last assignment I had them all out looking for one article to use, then when I found it, fucking coffee stain on it ;<<<
  • Options
    I read a handful of books at a time to stop my brain warping to the writers mindset (after reading Stephen King 5 hours a day for a week I felt like I was going to kill someone).

Atm I am reading:
    The real withches Kitchen by Kate West
    The Chronicals of Narnia by CS Lewis (so much Xian stuff in there *barf*)
    The fifth elephant by Terry Pratchett
    And finally a Dummies book on creating websites.
  • Options
    im reading jordans 2nd book, not as good as the 1st but its ok
  • Options
    Im still reading Sharon Osbournes autobiography, started it on Christmas day, I will finish it soon!
  • Options
    Shadow and Claw by Gene Wolfe.

Nearly finished it now, so have to take another trip to book shop to buy half the store as normal. Wish i could get books from the libray, but just something about them that make me go yuck!!!!
  • Options
    Dostoevsky's Notes from the Underground.
  • Options
    It's taking them back that pisses me off about libraries. Same as DVD rental- I just can't do it!
  • Options
    Linux in a nutshell ;)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Im still reading Sharon Osbournes autobiography, started it on Christmas day, I will finish it soon!

How are you finding it?

I am reading Salman Rushdie's Midnight's Children. It's quite hard going but I have only just started it.
  • Options
    How are you finding it?
    A bit boring tbh, but I remember you telling me to stick with it, so I am :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    A bit boring tbh, but I remember you telling me to stick with it, so I am :)

Did I say that? Ooops :blush:

It is a fairly hard going book tbh. I couldn't sympathise with her at all and she went waaaaay down in my estimations.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Yorkshire Evening Post...intelligent.

Haway man.

The Daily Leeds is a scummy paper.

I'm reading "LIfe in the Pit Lane" at the minute, by one of the Benetton mechanics from when Schumacher won, sorry, stole, the 1994 title.
  • Options
    now i am reading "five little pigs",uhuhuh...
  • Options
    Did I say that? Ooops :blush:

It is a fairly hard going book tbh. I couldn't sympathise with her at all and she went waaaaay down in my estimations.
    I know what you mean, I didnt really like or dislike her before, but the more of the book I read, the more Im dispising the pair of them.
  • Options
    When we got back last night there were three of us squashed into my bed. My mate read us a bedtime story, it was great! Something about Jenny who went to feed the ducks and have a picnic!
  • Options
    Dan Brown - Digital Fortress
  • Options
    got to find a new book, haven't found one i want yet. any one recommend one. mainly read fantasy, or Clive Cussaler, Tom Clancly, Dan Brown.
  • Options
    I'm reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in The Night-time by Mark Haddon and Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama.
  • Options
    Matthew Collins- Altered State.

Is mucho good