Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

GCSE Science

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I got my dates through of my exams today. As some of you know im home schooled. School have not put me in for science. Now Im not 100% certain why!? I know the teacher has issues with me thats for sure...

Should I be worried about not having science on my college applications? Is it going to affect me and should I look into taking it at college? Im no good at science and would've probably failed it but im just a bit concerned about how tis going to affect me not having even a science grade D or soemthing on my forms....

Also should I ask school why I havent been entered for it!?

Advice appreciated!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You should've been entered for it. If I was you, I'd check with the person in school who deals with exam stuff.
    Well it's probably not AS important as maths and english for college applications, but I still think it's worthwhile having it. A GCSE is better than no GCSE. And anyway, science is fun :D
    No, unis don't require a science GCSE but it's useful to have.
    turlough wrote:
    No, unis don't require a science GCSE but it's useful to have.

Unless it's a science course ofc :D
    Unless it's a science course ofc :D

Still probably not tbh, most just require mathematics and a scientific course at A level not gcse.
    You would be able to get onto most science degrees with just mathematics however.
    Im no good at science and arent worried about that sort of thing as theres no way I would ever be doing a science course or anything. My only issue is that is it going to look bad as like its one of the compulsory subjects that one teacher has now made teh descision I shouldnt sit ... im just a bit peeved ya know.
    Well to get on pretty much any decent college course you need a minimum of 4 gcses grade C and for the best courses you will need about 5 grade Cs including maths and english.
    I didnt do science, and im not worried as i hate it and never will see it again. I did want to be a primary sch teacher about a yr ago and you need gcse science for that , otherwise youll be fine without