Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Absinthe

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it comes from peyote but i'm not totally sure.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    The 'worm' comes from a plant not a cactus.
    Weekender Offender 
    I drank a load while on a camping trip...

2/3 of us ended up wandering from the beach back to the tents to sleep for hoouuuurs. Not sure what happened to No. 3 as I can barely remember passing out in the tent. No hallucinations; just a surreal, powerful kind of drunk.

I woke up at 4 in the morning with my mate waving a spliff in my face.

Good times :thumb:
    Never ever ever again, had two shots as was very very wrecked.
    I was already extremely drunk, then had two shots in a club...ended up vommitting all over the floor...funny thing was that I never got chucked out, must have done it subtely...if that's even possible.
    turlough wrote:
    I was already extremely drunk, then had two shots in a club...ended up vommitting all over the floor...funny thing was that I never got chucked out, must have done it subtely...if that's even possible.

I think its possible to be subtle when puking. i know some people that if you werent paying attention you would think they are just spitting and are ending up puking.
    I think its possible to be subtle when puking. i know some people that if you werent paying attention you would think they are just spitting and are ending up puking.

I know many guys who pride themselves on puking. Ever heard of the game Neck and Nominate (see off your drink and nonimate another)? Well, on tour we had Gip and Nominate - drink 'til you chunder and nominate another. A few I know also like to see which moose they can pull after throwing up on themselves. They say you know you've got a good 'un when that doesn't put them off :D
    turlough wrote:

I remember that. :D
    i ate a tequila worm once and now i cant drink tequila at all cos even the smell makes me feel sick, I was a nit confused because ive heard it called mescaline worm and it made sense if the drink was called mezcal, but I thought real mescaline came from the peyote, so just not sure what i believe anymore *cries*

Mezcal is just a slightly different tequilla, its nicer if you ask me, but its normally got a higher price.
    turlough wrote:

one of my mates usually throws up under the table when you force him to drink shots, its happened about 5 times
    its great i went to a party afew weeks ago and we were drinking it and the hallucination is fab lol it just makes me seem overly drunk like giggly and giddy and shit we put a tiny bit of blavod in a shot to fool a girl into thinking it was just blavod and not absinthe and she was not well lol
    z01 wrote:
    one of my mates usually throws up under the table when you force him to drink shots, its happened about 5 times
    thats why you dont take shots of it..... it is meant to be sipped and drink it very slowly.
    Lol, yeah seriously, what did he expect? I found it to be quite good with a bit of sugar and 3 parts (VERY COLD) water...
    its great i went to a party afew weeks ago and we were drinking it and the hallucination is fab lol it just makes me seem overly drunk like giggly and giddy and shit we put a tiny bit of blavod in a shot to fool a girl into thinking it was just blavod and not absinthe and she was not well lol

I'm glad I dont have friends like you.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I'm glad I dont have friends like you.
    I am also glad i dont have friends like them.
    It's always around here. people home brew it and bring it in mouthwash bottles from europe. I hate alcohol, no matter what kind. I've never found it to be worth the grossness for the shitty effects. I thought absinthe would be the perfect medium. I was dissapointed with it though. I felt more drunk than anything else.

Thujone (from wormwood) is the active ingredient, correct?
    You gotta be a serious drinker for it to be worth it, otherwise the effects of the alcohol will overpower those of the thujone. Be sure to get at least triple strength thujone and one with a lower alcohol content (around 110 proof) and it'll be worth your while. Like I said, I didn't actually start halucinating myself, but after only 2 drinks stuff started changing colours slightly and mild colour streaking, so I believe rockerchick when she says it makes you hallucinate when you've had a good deal of it...

I wanna try the new extra low alcohol (30%), double strength thujone mix. As long as you're a moderately experianced drinker, this would be the ultimate test to see what the thujone in particular feels like...

...and contrary to popular opinions, I'd like more friends like rockerchick myself :thumb:
    You gotta be a serious drinker for it to be worth it, otherwise the effects of the alcohol will overpower those of the thujone. Be sure to get at least triple strength thujone and one with a lower alcohol content (around 110 proof) and it'll be worth your while. Like I said, I didn't actually start halucinating myself, but after only 2 drinks stuff started changing colours slightly and mild colour streaking, so I believe rockerchick when she says it makes you hallucinate when you've had a good deal of it...

I wanna try the new extra low alcohol (30%), double strength thujone mix. As long as you're a moderately experianced drinker, this would be the ultimate test to see what the thujone in particular feels like...

...and contrary to popular opinions, I'd like more friends like rockerchick myself :thumb:

I think it would be fun to have friends like that but they would know when to stop and when im just taking a break from all that stuff.
    ive been slightly interested in thujone the past .. can you get it/take it seperately ?
    In order to hallucinate you have to add sugar which needs to be caramelised. The Absinthe also needs to have the wood wormer into as well.
    In order to hallucinate you have to add sugar which needs to be caramelised. The Absinthe also needs to have the wood wormer into as well.

Yeah and BTW its wormwood but specifically the ingredient in wormwood which is thujone.
    I've drank it a few times and I've never noticed it to be any different to any other alcohol really, I only had about two shots over the whole night though so not sure whether thats enough to experience the stuff you're all talking about.

I drink it because I love the taste of it but I've always been extra cautious because its so strong. I got mine from the Czech Republic, didn't know you could get it here.

xx
    Read my previous post regarding thujone. You are VERY unlikely to have any significant amount of it in the final, distilled absinthe. So no amount of sugar will change that. It's only the one with thujone added afterwards, or undistilled stuff, that can have those kind of effects.
    That's why you gotta steer clear of the no-name varieties (someone told me these types usually only have about 6-7 mg, thus the reason for not disclosing the exact content) and get only ones that have the mg clearly labeled...

...and dammit, get something stronger than 10!