Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Torn up with a stupid idea...........

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
Im just posting this to get it of my chest.Now,I explained about how Im too much of a wimp to talk to the swimming pool girl and havent.Shes pregnant now anyway which has really ripped me up over the weekend for some strange and sad reason as I dont even know her name!! :banghead:
Anyway I should be getting a new job at some point so I wont see her ever again and have decided to have as little contact and association with girls as possible.Nothing ever more than work acquaintances and things like that.
Anyway to the point.When I get a job with some money I want to get a guitar,teach myself to play and start a band..........is this a totally stupid and useless idea I should forget or give it a go?
I think I already know the answer but Im interested in other opinions. :thumb:
Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The Leaf wrote:
    Hi
    Im just posting this to get it of my chest.Now,I explained about how Im too much of a wimp to talk to the swimming pool girl and havent.Shes pregnant now anyway which has really ripped me up over the weekend for some strange and sad reason as I dont even know her name!! :banghead:
    Anyway I should be getting a new job at some point so I wont see her ever again and have decided to have as little contact and association with girls as possible.Nothing ever more than work acquaintances and things like that.
    Anyway to the point.When I get a job with some money I want to get a guitar,teach myself to play and start a band..........is this a totally stupid and useless idea I should forget or give it a go?
    I think I already know the answer but Im interested in other opinions. :thumb:
    Thanks for any replies.

Making music is never a stupid idea, even if you don't end up having a band but know how to play enough to enjoy yourself it will be worth the effort...
    I don't see why not. You could always sell it afterwards if you didn't like being a rockstar ;)
    Yeah... I agree with the others...

When I was in my late teens I wanted to get into music... DJ / Production...

I ended up doing alot of work in it, Managed a record shop, DJ'ed in alot of clubs / events, produced my own EP and got 500 copys pressed and distributed, a few pirate radio stations...
    Was great fun and I loved it... never made a career out of it, and I work full time now.. but I still do bits of bar / club work here and there...

Even if you dont make it, it will turn out to be a great hobby, I very much doubt you will regret going for it!
    And you don't have to wait and spend a lot on a guitar, it's probaby a better idea to just get a cheapo one to strat with.
    katralla wrote:
    And you don't have to wait and spend a lot on a guitar, it's probaby a better idea to just get a cheapo one to strat with.

nice subliminal message ;)
    just because you don't have that girl doesn't mean you should give up on all the rest btw
    Ballerina wrote:
    just because you don't have that girl doesn't mean you should give up on all the rest btw

I dont know, I hear the monk population is getting a little low.

Though with all the people on here that have a bad experience with a chick and give up, I"m sure it will spring right back up ;)
    my_name wrote:
    nice subliminal message ;)

:lol: :thumb:
    I sooo meant to do it!
    katralla wrote:
    I sooo meant to do it!

I believe you... :cool:
    Great,I`ll give it a go then.
    Unfotunately the cheapest guitar Iv found is £75 WITHOUT an amp!!! :crazyeyes
    But then again argos have a beginners set with an amp and book I think for £99.but it DID used to be £70. :grump:
    Can I have some ideas for a name for a band..Im not into playing system of a down stuff or any of that rage against the machine shite but play stuff like slayer(but different),the fastest and best band even after 25 years!!So it has to be chantable but also dark and easily recognisable too......hmmmmmmm.
    The Leaf wrote:
    I should be getting a new job at some point so I wont see her ever again and have decided to have as little contact and association with girls as possible.Nothing ever more than work acquaintances.
    If I'd followed such advice, I still wouldn't have had a girlfriend now. Not associating yourself with any women is a stupid and impractical idea. I see no reason why anyone would need to do that.
    When I get a job with some money I want to get a guitar,teach myself to play and start a band... is this a totally stupid and useless idea I should forget or give it a go?
    It's not a bad idea. You need to consider one or two things, though. When you say start a band, how much are we talking here? A small band that just sings at bookings, one that's signed to an independent label? You'll need some good people around you to achieve this. However, if you put your mind to it, I see no reason why you can't have some success at this. Have a stab at it. If you do, keep us posted.
    Why is not associating with women a stupid idea?
    They should be happy as all I get is dirty looks and told Im shit anyway........
    Im just gonna learn some songs.....play some bookings and see what happens with the band......after Iv learnt to play guitar!!And got a band together
    The Leaf wrote:
    Why is not associating with women a stupid idea?
    They should be happy as all I get is dirty looks and told Im shit anyway........
    Im just gonna learn some songs.....play some bookings and see what happens with the band......after Iv learnt to play guitar!!And got a band together

i think he means you'd be putting an emotional block on yourself. what is wrong with just being friends with women?
    I never said I wanted more than friendship here.........but Im not classed high enough to be acknowledged so why waste my time?

Anyway...........Im hopefully getting a job soon so I can get my guitar and finally start learning to play!!!
    Reign in blood here I come....... :thumb:
    i think (stargalaxy) means you'd be putting an emotional block on yourself. what is wrong with just being friends with women?
    Partly that. Also, men and women are very different, we think in different ways. Why deprive oneself of people who are different to each other? Why would anyone want to be around clones of themselves?
    The Leaf wrote:
    I never said I wanted more than friendship here.........but Im not classed high enough to be acknowledged so why waste my time?
    Class? What the hell are you on about?
    What I mean by being "classed" is that you have the people that are well liked and who people want to get to and you have me who no-one wants to speak to or get to know.
    Why I dont know.Im not arrogant or selfish or aggressive,but Im quiet,laid back and very shy when meeting new people.
    But,the reason I want to stay away from women is,is because all Iv ever got is dirty looks,told Im boring with no personality and generally slagged off etc......Im not over-exaggerating this as it happened all through school life and before you say Im tarring all women with the same brush there hasnt ever been ONE girl who hasnt given me at least one dirty look or one of those stupid sneers they do.
    Plus,even waiting at the check-out at tesco the cashier girl can be all bubbly and chatty with the guy in front and look totally depressed when she has to serve me and then go back to being happy.
    Basically,it seems the less Im around the happier people are.
    So there.......... I have nothing more to say on this EVER!!

Subject closed.
    Ever thought of getting professional help? Its not a normal thought process or feelings. Its definatly hindering your day to day life. Its a common flaw in people and can be helped thru therapy.
    The Leaf wrote:
    What I mean by being "classed" is that you have the people that are well-liked and who people want to get to and you have me who no-one wants to speak to or get to know.
    This is just an illusion, I believe such groupings become less and less relevant over life.
    this guy asks a lot of questions!
    if you can't get a girl ...can;t think up a name for your band ...that don't actualy exist yet ...can't make any decisions whatsoever ...it might be a good idea to go back to the swimming pool and jump in ...with rocks tied to your legs.
    Already thought all about that and havent got the guts.
    Plus,bloody lifeguards would save me first.........
    The Leaf wrote:
    Already thought all about that and havent got the guts.
    Plus,bloody lifeguards would save me first.........
    if i remember rightly ...i advised you to fake drowning to get the girl in your other post.

just get on with life lad ...start thinking ...take it as it comes.
    if you have to ask everything ...if your not willing to take chances ...your going nowhere.
    stop worrying so much about the outcome of things that aint going to damage or kill you ...or you'll never know joy.
    this guy asks a lot of questions!
    if you can't get a girl ...can;t think up a name for your band ...that don't actualy exist yet ...can't make any decisions whatsoever ...it might be a good idea to go back to the swimming pool and jump in ...with rocks tied to your legs.

:lol: oh mr roll why aren't you a comedian.