Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shaving low... lower... lower... too low.... lower...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats the best way to shave the shaft of the penis?
Is it better to have it erect (what if you cut yourself and blood starts gushing everywhere :yuck:) or not?
Is it better to use shaving cream (but then you cant really see anything)?

Comments

• Options
    Do it while in the bath, not erect, cream is best.
    Just make sure to strech the skin before you shave tho ;)
  • Options
    Could always wax.
  • Options
    check out this website for shaving your intimate area........http://www.body4real.co.uk/home.php?cat=262
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Could always wax.

Got a mate who got his gf that wax him the all thing.

Apparantly it doesn't hurt as much as you thought, even with the balls skin and all...
  • Options
    Dont shave the shaft, more hairs grow out thicker and faster and ingrown! tweezer hairs on the shaft, shave the balls...
  • Options
    Shaving does not cause hair to grow back thicker or faster. That is a very old myth

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hair-removal/AN00638

Shaving does not make the hair shaft thicker, darker, or grow faster or slower. However, the short hair shaft may be more noticeable as it grows out because it has a blunt tip instead of the normal tapered tip
    http://dermatology.about.com/cs/hairremoval/a/hair_removal.htm

http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/hairgrow.asp

Whether you're a man or a woman, shaving does not make the hair coarser or grow in thicker. When hair initially grows out, it feels thicker and looks darker. But as it gets longer, the hair begins to feel softer,"
    http://www.uihealthcare.com/topics/medicaldepartments/dermatology/shaving/index.html
  • Options
    Does with me, anywhere i have shaved it has grown back worse then it was before!
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Does with me, anywhere i have shaved it has grown back worse then it was before!

Well that is very abnormal and you should ask your doctor about it.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    shave it again then.
  • Options
    shave it again then.

Genius :D
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    my_name wrote:
    Well that is very abnormal and you should ask your doctor about it.

Weird I've got the same problem and my beard does it too, maybe
    I should go see a doctor too...
  • Options
    Weird I've got the same problem and my beard does it too, maybe
    I should go see a doctor too...

Probably.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Probably.

I'm starting to be really worry tho...
  • Options
    It comes out blunt, making it look thicker and more visible. As the hair grows it gets thinner and tapered at the end (much like the articles and any article you feel like reading on the matter states). Think about it, its completly unnatural and unrealistic to think that just becasue you shave new hair folicles are going to magically appear.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    Shaving does not cause hair to grow back thicker or faster. That is a very old myth

Well that's what I've always heard but from my experience it does.
    I used to work as a fencer and used to carry a lot of stuff on my shoulder. After a year or so where the hair had been continuosly rubbed away the hair grew back far more coarse than it was before.

Even now I have one noticably hairy shoudler - and I'm a a very un hairy bloke. All the lads I worked with experienced the same thing. :eek2:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Well that's what I've always heard but from my experience it does.
    I used to work as a fencer and used to carry a lot of stuff on my shoulder. After a year or so where the hair had been continuosly rubbed away the hair grew back far more coarse than it was before.

Even now I have one noticably hairy shoudler - and I'm a a very un hairy bloke. All the lads I worked with experienced the same thing. :eek2:
    that might be because of the stress you put on your shoulder.
    my mum broke her wrist and now the hair on that arm is thicker and darker. just a guess!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    lipsy wrote:
    that might be because of the stress you put on your shoulder.
    my mum broke her wrist and now the hair on that arm is thicker and darker. just a guess!

That's probably from wearing a cast though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    line your girlfriend with sandpaper, im sure its safer to practise rough sex like that, rather than find a right scrubber
  • Options
    And doctors say the same thing everyone does...shaving anywhere leads to hair growing back worse then before...
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    And doctors say the same thing everyone does...shaving anywhere leads to hair growing back worse then before...

:lol: I'd like to meet those doctors, and see where they actually got their degree from... if they have one.
  • Options
    It doesn't grow back "worse". Short stubble feels harder than long hair- my face stubble hurts, but when I don't shave for a few days it gets more and more soft.

If you continually rub somewhere the body will react to try to protect it.

To answer the original question:

1. Do it in a hot bath.
    2. Use shaving gel or foam.
    3. Shave in the same direction the hair grows.
    4. Wash thoroughly to prevent spots. You may even want to rub some moisturiser (no, not that sort, you filthy bugger) in to keep the skin soft.
  • Options
    Who knows what normal is.

The bottom can be sometimes. But not all the way up, if thats what you mean.
  • Options
    No, if you have a hairy bellend then you aren't normal.

The first inch or so of the base can be, and if you shave it off your cock looks an inch longer.

Which is A Good Thing :yes:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    line your girlfriend with sandpaper, im sure its safer to practise rough sex like that, rather than find a right scrubber
    Lol, brings new meaning to the expression "rough sex"
  • Options
    Whats the best way to shave the shaft of the penis?
    Is it better to have it erect (what if you cut yourself and blood starts gushing everywhere :yuck:) or not?
    Is it better to use shaving cream (but then you cant really see anything)?

What about using immac??.. sorry veet as its now known! Just make sure its suitable for sensitive areas... hehe ;)
  • Options
    p.s didn't realise that many guys shaved their shaft?! nice to see you puttin in as much effort as us girls!! haha
  • Options
    start shaving the easy stuff first, then as you get more comfortable, you can move around more. I've never ever cut myself, and i use disposable razors on my sack :D hahah
  • Options
    Soak in a warm bath so the hair expands and the skin softens up. Get a good lather, stretch your bits and shave carefully. Balls are suprisingly easy to shave and after 8 years of shaving I haven't cut them yet no matter how careless I am.

On the subject of hair growing back - its not thicker. Thats just a myth, the stubble is the bottom of the shaft and thus thixker, as the hair grows it tapers out finer than the hair is at the base. The angle that the hair comes through the skin also makes it look thicker. I know My name already said this, but some people out there are having a hard time accepting that all those old wive's tales are a loada rubbish (so no throwing yourself down the stairs if your pregnant either).