Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

seriously fcked up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello, i recently started smokin weed again after a 19 day break but now i think it has affected me, im really paranoid nearly all the time about swallowing food & drink, for the past 2 weeks i've had nothing but Soup, Water, Chocolate (on its own) and Weetos (cereal), has anyone else had a problem like this, i just feel that my throat is getting smaller and i cant swallow things any help appriciated coz this is starting to scare the s**t out of me also if its possible can an admin change my username to "James_2k6" thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    James_666 wrote:
    hello, i recently started smokin weed again after a 19 day break but now i think it has affected me, im really paranoid nearly all the time about swallowing food & drink, for the past 2 weeks i've had nothing but Soup, Water, Chocolate (on its own) and Weetos (cereal), has anyone else had a problem like this, i just feel that my throat is getting smaller and i cant swallow things any help appriciated coz this is starting to scare the s**t out of me also if its possible can an admin change my username to "James_2k6" thanks.

Solution is easy, stop smoking...

Seems like it get you paranoid big time...

I can get paranoid as well while smoking, but nothing that bad...

Also I know sometimes smoking make me eat less...
    chill my friend, chill. :D
    ever thought of seeing the doc?
    you may well have a throat/mouth/gum infection.
    dope can just amplify a medical condition,and your brain thinks its worse than it is.but tbh,you dont seem like the type that should be smoking it if you pannic like that.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Heh, I often find a good smoke clams me down!
    i used to enjoy getting stoned but now it just makes me go a bit paranoid too, so i dont really bother anymore, I just stick to drink :thumb:
    Damn, I'd be in complete misery if drugs started making me paranoid. There'd be no point in even using, as you wouldn't really be able to enjoy it, and/or the negative exchange would be too overwhelming. A guy I know who got SERIOUSLY hooked on acid and stayed paranoid for like 4 years after he stopped using. He was even commited to a mental instsitution for a short time. Like, he seriously thought everyone was trying to kill him. He told me that once his paranoia started getting bad ANY drug would set it off, not just acid...

So if it gets to the point that you're still paranoid a day two after you smoked (or have taken anything else), you may want to consider taking a prolonged hiatus from your cannabis lifestyle...
    Damn, I'd be in complete misery if drugs started making me paranoid. There'd be no point in even using, as you wouldn't really be able to enjoy it, and/or the negative exchange would be too overwhelming. A guy I know who got SERIOUSLY hooked on acid and stayed paranoid for like 4 years after he stopped using. He was even commited to a mental instsitution for a short time. Like, he seriously thought everyone was trying to kill him. He told me that once his paranoia started getting bad ANY drug would set it off, not just acid...

So if it gets to the point that you're still paranoid a day two after you smoked (or have taken anything else), you may want to consider taking a prolonged hiatus from your cannabis lifestyle...
    I totally agree with that.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    A guy I know who got SERIOUSLY hooked on acid

Acid isn't addictive...

And as people have said, there is no solution to the way you are feeling except to stop. To put your mind at ease, perhaps you may want to go and see your GP and get your throat checked out too.
    LadyJade wrote:
    Acid isn't addictive...

it's actualy anti addictive ...in that you cannot keep taking it even in ever increasing doses as it will do absolutely diddly shit.
    no physiacal or psycological addiction is possible.
    i was a heavy user in that i took the stuff every weekend for years.
    I never really got paranoid on blow...sometimes if I was on a bus on the way home stoned and heard people laughing I'd think they were laughing at me but that's not too bad.

I sometimes got slightly paranoid on speed and pills, especially on the comedown.

Though all in all, drugs never made me too paranoid.
    Yeah ive never been paranoid when doing stuff except when im on the comedown or driving around when im really stoned.
    I don't really get paranoid on blow, the solution to your problem is either stop smoking it or learn to control your paranoia, try not to think too much when your stoned.
    wildthingfling7cx.jpg
    lol
    ANY drug can be addictive. period.
    pusher_collector, I know what you are saying, if you take the term addiction in its broadest sense. For the sake of clarity, LSD doens't create a physical dependence, and it is not generally said to create a psychological addiction either.

If you take a look at part 4.1(at the top) of this article from the Royal College of Physician's website, you can see that there is still some contention about the clinical definition of addiction, but it does help clarify how the term is used.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Blow and coke can make me paranoid, so I very rarely take them. It's that simple.

I've never had paranoia from Ecstasy or Acid.
    Weekender Offender 
    LadyJade wrote:
    pusher_collector, I know what you are saying, if you take the term addiction in its broadest sense. For the sake of clarity, LSD doens't create a physical dependence, and it is not generally said to create a psychological addiction either.

You're right in terms of normal addictions, and of course acid has a built in tolerance which stops use too frequently. But I've known people who were certainly in the habit of using it frequently and in high doses, no weekend was complete without blasting themselves out into the cosmos.
    I know what you mean, but we are definitely getting into semantics now! As Blagsta said in a recent post, addiction is a complex thing...
    Of course, and I wouldnt really call it an addiction, but some people can and do certain get carried away with hallucinogenics.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Of course, and I wouldnt really call it an addiction, but some people can and do certain get carried away with hallucinogenics.

Well that's it.
    Same with ecstasy. The very nature of the drug means it's quite hard to have an addiction as such, but it's still easilly abused.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Well that's it.
    Same with ecstasy. The very nature of the drug means it's quite hard to have an addiction as such, but it's still easilly abused.

I'd say pills are more habit forming that hallucinogenics, mainly because of the mid-week blues, and because they are more simple and pleasurable.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I'd say pills are more habit forming that hallucinogenics, mainly because of the mid-week blues, and because they are more simple and pleasurable.

Pills are definately habit forming, but because of the nature of the drug you can't be doing them all the time - you have to leave gaps between sessions otherwise they don't do shit. I've tried.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Pills are definately habit forming, but because of the nature of the drug you can't be doing them all the time - you have to leave gaps between sessions otherwise they don't do shit. I've tried.
    Agreed. You have to allow time for your tolerance to go back down if you just got off a binge.
    Yea definately. I had one major 3 day session where I had over 30 pills...I was eating 3 and 4 back to back by the end and I wasn't getting a good buzz. I think acid is like that too....stick to the drink I say!
    bongbudda wrote:
    because they are more pleasurable.
    than what ...to who?
    rather a sweeping statement bong.
    i don't find mdma more pleasurable ...
    than what ...to who?
    rather a sweeping statement bong.
    i don't find mdma more pleasurable ...

I mean its a simpler and mostly more pleasurable than acid, which is complex and unpredictable.
    Anxiety?