Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hair. again. yup.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
excuse the cheesy grin but.. how long do you think it will take my hair to grow out from the above to shoulder length? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    depends what condition your hair is in, how often you get it cut and how fast it usually grows, surely?
  • Options
    My hair grows really slowly, which is a bonus when it comes to doing your roots but not when your trying to grow dodgy layers out (like i am now :p) so it depends really, i'd say about a year? Seeing as it looks quite short at the minute.
  • Options
    It took me about a year for my hair to grow the sort of length you're wanting...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Hehe you have the exact same haircut and ear piercings as me. Freaky :p
  • Options
    I think, not sure, the average of grow is 1cm/month or something close to it
  • Options
    Ignoring these perceptual differences, human hair seems to grow at a pretty consistent rate of about half a millimeter or so per day, or about half an inch every month (this article quotes a specific rate of 0.44 mm per day). It may grow faster or slower depending on your age, your genetics and your hormonal state (pregnancy seems to have an affect on hair), but half a millimeter per day is a good average.

What this means is that the maximum growth rate for hair is about 6 inches (15 cm) per year.
    http://science.howstuffworks.com/question251.htm

The speed of hair growth is roughly 1.25 centimeters or 0.5 inches per
    month, being about 15 centimeters or 6 inches per year.
    With age the speed of hairgrowth might slow down to as little as
    0.25 cm or 0.1 inch a month.
    http://www.hairfinder.com/hairquestions/how_fast_does_hair_grow.htm
  • Options
    Hum I was wrong then... oh well :)

Thanks for the info now I know for sure ;)
  • Options
    Hum I was wrong then... oh well :)

Thanks for the info now I know for sure ;)

1/4 of a centemiter off. how dare you try and give this girl false information :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    1/4 of a centemiter off. how dare you try and give this girl false information :p

I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... Please forgive me...

:D
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    Hehe you have the exact same haircut and ear piercings as me. Freaky :p

that's cause you and I, we're cool. :yes:

my_name, thanks for the information. I will now measure my hair everyday to see if it has grown. :thumb: thanks everyone else too! xx
  • Options
    anything to pass this dull day at work :thumb: :p
  • Options
    to shoulder length, that would probably take me maybe 4 to 6 months, but even my hairdresser says mine seems to grow really fast.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    My hair grows really slowly, which is a bonus when it comes to doing your roots but not when your trying to grow dodgy layers out (like i am now :p) so it depends really, i'd say about a year? Seeing as it looks quite short at the minute.
    i completely sympathise with trying to grow crappy layers out.ive just had a mad haircut where the hairdresser just went crazy and completely ruined my hair.i keep looking at people with lovely long hair with so much envy
  • Options
    i completely sympathise with trying to grow crappy layers out.ive just had a mad haircut where the hairdresser just went crazy and completely ruined my hair.i keep looking at people with lovely long hair with so much envy

They do, they just run riot on your hair and do what ever they please. My hair was massively long before buti'm not fussed about the overall lenght being shorter, just the crap short bits in it!
    This was about 8 months ago i had it cut and the layers round the back are still so short, the fronts all right, but they must have thought aha! she can't see the back lets make it look ridiculous! Seeing how short the layers are now makes me cry at how short they must have been 8 months ago!