Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what/where would you like to do/go on your 3rd date.?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

Sorry i guess this has been asked before but couldn't find anything on the search that answered my question. I'm looking for some ideas on what and where i can take someone for a 3rd date. There's bugger all to do really in Portsmouth, and neither of us can think of anything to do. The only places we could come up with are Ice-skating, cinema (but nothing we want to see), bowling (but she says shes no good so doesn't want to do that). There are a few nice places we can go for a walk but not during the week.

anyway to those that can think of a few ideas thanks.

Story so far.
I've been using some of the singles site for a few months now and didn't have much luck, untill i started talking to this 23yr old girl. We met up on Saturday for the first time after talking on MSN and txt for about a month. Was a simple date, we met up at a pub halfway between out houses. had lunch and coffee. and just chatted. Ended up with the both of us getting new piecring (her Turgas, and my other nipple).

We then met up again round mine last night, put on a film to watch and we talked the whole way through it (4times) till about 2am this morning.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Youngbull wrote:
    We then met up again round mine last night, put on a film to watch and we talked the whole way through it (4times) till about 2am this morning.
    Bugger, I was just gonna suggest that, cos that's what I did on my second date with a girl last year and it went well. i.e. the film was so shit that we ended up doing other stuff. You could try it again with a shit film. :thumb:
    how about you take her somewhere most people dont think of, like the zoo or local petting farm if you have one, or to an aquerium/sea life centre.
    failing that how about a nice meal followed by a few drinks in a classy bar?
    I was thinking about taking her to Monkey World in dorset (as i haven't seen my chimp i adopted for a while and she likes chimps, well animals in general). The problem being because of her job we can only really see each other in the evening atm. if we could have a whole day i'd suggest Monkey World or there are a few nice country parks to walk round here, but cant do those just yet.
    Youngbull wrote:
    I was thinking about taking her to Monkey World in dorset (as i haven't seen my chimp i adopted for a while and she likes chimps, well animals in general). The problem being because of her job we can only really see each other in the evening atm. if we could have a whole day i'd suggest Monkey World or there are a few nice country parks to walk round here, but cant do those just yet.

Yeah that sounds cool mate :D
    drive/go somewhere random and have a picnic. or if theres nothing on at the cinema you want to see, how about the theatre?
    i've thought about the pinic idea. but at the moment with it being so cold dont think it would be the best one for a date in the evening, well till it warms up a bit. Theatre is a good idea, i'll have a look whats on, i know there are a few good shows coming up in southampton.
    Hmmm, what about something different like a wine appreciion evening, or a Ghost style pottery class?
    Or go to an open mic reading/peotry night- and get up with a funny/romantic peom you've written!
    the wine one would be good for me, but she's been T-total for 3.5yrs now.
    apple juice tasting? wagon driving?
    go karting?
    By the third date they should be hooked, just don't propose or tell her you like to skin live animals and dig up graves and you should be fine. Its a shame you couldn't have a full day together (why not use the weekend?) but here are a few suggestions:

Portsmouth must have a nice ocean front somewhere - take her for a little boat ride, or a meal on a floating resturaunt, all the lights from the boats, the sounds and smell of the sea and the endless horizon can be quite romantic.

Maybe there is a nice park somewhere nearby, plant a tree with her and show her your sensitive side. You could put a plaque on the tree (but nothing too clingy ect) in her honour, and whatever happens afterwards - there's one more tree in the world.

Take her to a martial arts starters class. They are generally enough to make you sweat without pushing you too hard. Watching each other do physical activity will only attract good attention to your bodies and the pheremones from your sweat will have you ripping each others clothes off in no time. Its a very fun thing and you can both pick up a few useful skills for the rest of your life - and showing her that you want to foster her ability to look after herself is quite sweet.
    Invite her round and cook her dinner :D Dress up, candles, chocolate fondue, (put those sweet little rose petals on the bed if you're hoping to get that far!) :flirt: ooh la la

Grr I wish my bf was romantic
    katralla wrote:
    apple juice tasting? wagon driving?

rofl.

If it's evenings you have to work with at the moment then I agree with the theatre suggestion, maybe have a bite to eat beforehand or a drink afterwards. Romantic walks are still nice at night, and especially when it's cold and you're all bundled up, holding hands etc. Or you could go ice skating (which could be embarassing), bowling, a laser-quest type place, dance class, art exhibition. Check you local entertainment/arts listings, there could be something really random and one-off that you'd both love!

There's a lot of pressure to be original when it comes to "dating", but by the third date you [probably] know she likes you and are fairly comfortable in one another's company. It'd be fine to invite her round again to watch a film, or just go out to a casual restaurant to chat and maybe try some new and interesting food together! I don't know Portsmouth so I can't be more specific, but there must be loads to do once you scratch the surface!

Have fun. :)
    let her choose?
    thanks peopl, lots of really great suggestions there. She asked if we could go bowling as we both haven't done that for a long time. Yes we're getting on really well, but also both taking it slow as we've both been really hurt in the past year (and both the first since those hurts).
    I'm planning a romantic weekend away somewhere for the two of us towards the end of the month or next month but at the moment were taking it easy for now. Thinking of somewhere in devon or dorset, where we can just wonder around. have a nice meal and enjoy each others company without having to worry about the rest of the world.
    For the romantic getaway there are companies that will rent a cottage in the country for a few days quite cheaply. I have used this company (http://www.country-holidays.co.uk) several times for weeks and weekenders in the UK and am very happy with the service they give.

There's little more fun than cottaging ;)
    cool thanks i was just going to do a search on the web. for something like that
    Youngbull wrote:
    thanks peopl, lots of really great suggestions there. She asked if we could go bowling as we both haven't done that for a long time. Yes we're getting on really well, but also both taking it slow as we've both been really hurt in the past year (and both the first since those hurts).
    I'm planning a romantic weekend away somewhere for the two of us towards the end of the month or next month but at the moment were taking it easy for now. Thinking of somewhere in devon or dorset, where we can just wonder around. have a nice meal and enjoy each others company without having to worry about the rest of the world.

Aw she's so lucky, I'm really jealous. :grump:

People lets just spare a the singletons this valentines! :crying: