Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Labrapoodle

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    Do you want a dog or a toy?
    hmmm, well a dog but a cute one.
    already got this one, but if the dog was cute enough id get another
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    The peagle is adorable, and such a funky little name...id have to call him schmeagle the peagle!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    ah he looks bored, can you send him over to play please? ill buy him a squeaky toy!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    The ones you posted look pathetic though, I'm mean what do they actually do other than sit on your lap with big eyes? I'd be afraid to touch them for fear of breaking one, you could harldy let the kids play rough with them?

Ridgeback
    Staffy
    Retriever

They're proper dogs.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    they're cross bred cause they look cute and it reduces the amount of genetic disorders that purebred dogs are prone to with all the inbreeding and whatnot.

Also they don't shed hair, because poodles don't malt so they don't drop everywhere and are good for people with allergies because of the lack of this. Also saves hoovering everyday, which is always a bitch ;p
    I think they are quite cute, but normal poodles are a bit :yuck:
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    The ones you posted look pathetic though, I'm mean what do they actually do other than sit on your lap with big eyes? I'd be afraid to touch them for fear of breaking one, you could harldy let the kids play rough with them?

Aww your horrid!

My dogs are little but little and and fat sort of and they don't break, but any smaller breed than mine and they do start to yap a bit. We've never really had room for big dogs, so what can you do! but you can still play rough and cuddle thats all the fun of having a dog :p
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

Ridgeback
    Staffy
    Retriever

They're proper dogs.
    my dog that ive posted a pic of is a staffy! shes a bit smaller tho cos shes cross bred. The old dog i used to have was an alsation collie cross, but she was a bit big and stupid tbh and moulted too much.

just cos a dog is a smaller or medium breed, it doesnt mean you cant do anything with them, not that theres much you CAN do with a dog, except walk them, play with them etc.
    I wouldnt want my kid to play particularly rough with any dog though, cos any dog can turn, big or small.
  • Options
    we've got a scottish deerhound and an airedale terrier (2 infact!). i bet they'd look strange if they were crossed!

you can't really tell on the picture of the deerhound but they're fucking huge.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

Ridgeback
    Staffy
    Retriever

They're proper dogs.

millemoo2.jpg

Taller than a staffy btw and kick their arses on the playground ;)
  • Options
    decided its just the chiweenie I want, and i want to call him Batfink.

My dad wanted to call our dog Batfink when we got him. He wasn't allowed as my mum wanted something that went well with the rabbits name....( :rolleyes: ) and Batfink and Maisy just didn't cut it......

Names also suggested were "Dogboy" "God" and "Stinky"

Luckily, just as I thought my dad was going to die by my mums nails, I suggested Ben :yes:
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Retriever

They're proper dogs.

:heart: I want one of those.

I don't really like Labradoodles etc, they're a bit gimmicky at the moment and it doesn't sit all that well with me, but I'm not about to start judging anyone else for wanting one or saying they're cute ffs.
  • Options
    im not keen on retrievers. I dont mind them existing or anything, but i just think theyre such a non-dog, for dog lovers with no imagination.
  • Options
    im not keen on retrievers. I dont mind them existing or anything, but i just think theyre such a non-dog, for dog lovers with no imagination.

Good working dogs. Most of my mates have retrievers for shooting.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Good working dogs. Most of my mates have retrievers for shooting.
    yeah maybe different living in the new forest and a working dog is different to a pet.
  • Options
    Yep. They're so... bland and EVERYONE has one :confused: .

This is our Sophie, she's a chinese crested Powderpuff, rescue.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Yep. They're so... bland and EVERYONE has one :confused: .

This is our Sophie, she's a chinese crested Powderpuff, rescue.

Ilora x

Oh the irony. ;)

There's something to be said for having a popular breed.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    We thought she was a mongrel when we chose her from the litter, but it turns out she's a pure breed. Yes, the irony.

Ilora x
  • Options
    I wouldn't call them "bland", they're just a fairly typical family/sporting dog. Good if you like taking them out on mega walks and have the time to do so.

A lot of people do have them because they have a fantastic reputation with children and are generally really good-natured. I'd say that was testimony to why they're such an excellent family pet; not a reason not to get one.

Each to their own, of course, I just happen to like them. :)
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    i want a labrapoodle, there's one on Richard and Judy, and its so cute!! anyone got one i can have?!
    This is a dreadful idea. Dogs like these should not be mixed in such a way. Labradors exist for a reason. Poddles exist for a reason. They shouldn't be mixed together in breeding. It hugely increases the number of health problems these dogs can have. We have a purely bred German Shepherd at home, we got him from a breeder. The person who owns his parents tells us such mixed breeding "goes against God's will". Whilst I'm not particularly religious, I do agree with her. We should not be creating new breeds thanks to the vanity of humans.
    Skive wrote:
    Now that's what I call a dog.
  • Options
    ^It's the other way round mate. It's the pure breeds that have genetic disorders.
    The more mixed they are, the less genetic disorders they inherit. :thumb:

Ilora x
  • Options
    ^It's the other way round mate. It's the pure breeds that have genetic disorders.
    The more mixed they are, the less genetic disorders they inherit. :thumb:
    Wrong, wrong, wrong.
    And don't call me "mate". :rolleyes:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    This is a dreadful idea. Dogs like these should not be mixed in such a way. Labradors exist for a reason. Poddles exist for a reason. They shouldn't be mixed together in breeding. It hugely increases the number of health problems these dogs can have. We have a purely bred German Shepherd at home, we got him from a breeder. The person who owns his parents tells us such mixed breeding "goes against God's will". Whilst I'm not particularly religious, I do agree with her. We should not be creating new breeds thanks to the vanity of humans.
    Actually stargalaxy, what you are saying is COMPLETELY wrong.
    crossbreeding is BETTER for the dogs, DECREASES health problems. Pedigree dogs are often inbred, and that causes the same problems as inbreeding in humans would. To make a healthier gene pool, dogs need to cross breed. The healthiest dog is a complete mongrel.
    Pedigree dogs are unnatural.
    this isnt opinion its fact.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I wouldn't call them "bland", they're just a fairly typical family/sporting dog. Good if you like taking them out on mega walks and have the time to do so.

A lot of people do have them because they have a fantastic reputation with children and are generally really good-natured. I'd say that was testimony to why they're such an excellent family pet; not a reason not to get one.

Each to their own, of course, I just happen to like them. :)

I think they're quality too, but I suppose It depends what your looking for.

If you want a dog just to look cute and sit on your lap get a little yappa.
    But if you want an active dog to play with, or a dog for your kids then get a Retriever or a Staffy
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Actually stargalaxy, what you are saying is COMPLETELY wrong.
    crossbreeding is BETTER for the dogs, DECREASES health problems. Pedigree dogs are often inbred, and that causes the same problems as inbreeding in humans would. To make a healthier gene pool, dogs need to cross breed. The healthiest dog is a complete mongrel.
    Pedigree dogs are unnatural.
    this isnt opinion its fact.
    Thank you. :thumb:

Ilora x
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    This is a dreadful idea. Dogs like these should not be mixed in such a way. Labradors exist for a reason. Poddles exist for a reason. They shouldn't be mixed together in breeding. It hugely increases the number of health problems these dogs can have. We have a purely bred German Shepherd at home, we got him from a breeder. The person who owns his parents tells us such mixed breeding "goes against God's will". Whilst I'm not particularly religious, I do agree with her. We should not be creating new breeds thanks to the vanity of humans. Now that's what I call a dog.

against gods will?! wtf. haha. If your going to argue about "gods will" then we shouldnt have any dog breeds at all, because every breed is a result of artificial selective breeding. In fact if its all about gods will then dogs should never have been domesticated.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Blah wrote:
    then we shouldnt have any dog breeds at all, because every breed is a result of artificial selective breeding.
    Exactly. I wanted to say this, but couldn't find the words.
  • Options
    Stargalaxy you've got it a little wrong here mate! :)

There's nothing wrong with selective breeding really. We've done it with every domesticated animal on the planet - then there selective horticulture.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    The person who owns his parents tells us such mixed breeding "goes against God's will".
    And, of course she's going to tell you that, she's trying to flog her pure bred litter to you for stupid amounts of money. :lol: :rolleyes:

Ilora x