Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Palmer's cocoa butter formula

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It does a pretty good job of making me walk around smelling like melted chocolate, but does it actually work at fading scars? And if so how long would it take (ie days/weeks/months/years) if i was to use it every day?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bio-Oil is supposed to be good for scars.

You can however get the unscented Palmers formula.
    I've heard people rave about Bio-Oil.
    I use both of these. I find bio-oil is better for fading scars.
    Blah wrote:
    And if so how long would it take (ie days/weeks/months/years) if i was to use it every day?
    I guess that greatly depends on what the scars are like and how severe they are.
    I've only used cocoa butter on and off so I can't say whether it works or not but I'm going to get myself some Bio Oil soon.
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I guess that greatly depends on what the scars are like and how severe they are.

well i have a couple of small but very raised scars from when i had keyhole surgery, and i have some more shallow (but smooth) ones on my leg from an allergic reaction, and i have acne scars on my face.

been using it twice a day

Might switch to bio oil as everyone seems to think its good (if i dont get results from the cocoa butter within a couple of months)
    Blah wrote:
    well i have a couple of small but very raised scars from when i had keyhole surgery, and i have some more shallow (but smooth) ones on my leg from an allergic reaction, and i have acne scars on my face.

been using it twice a day

Might switch to bio oil as everyone seems to think its good (if i dont get results from the cocoa butter within a couple of months)
    Its so expensive though. I've got loads of samples at my work.
    My daughter has scars from a skin graft, the advise from her occupaional therapist is to use coccoa butter. Smells delicious...
    I've bought some Cocoa butter scar serum and I've only been using it a week and its seems to be doing a great job. Its quite expensive though. It cost me £10 for a 30ml bottle from Superdrug. Its made especially to reduce the appearance of scars.