Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

haircuts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, I just wanted to ask whether you people still go with your parents to get haircuts or get your hair done? If not, then at what age did you start going by yourself? This question is mostly aimed towards young people obviously.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I started going by myself at about 11 or 12 probably, my parents would drop me off and pick me up, than all by my big girl self at 16. Though even at 20 I've still never bought my own hair cut. I get them when I go home. I tell my parents to get me an appt for when I'm home, then they give me money and I get my hairs cut.
    my mum used to cut my hair until i was quite old (about 14 :o ) then she took me for a couple of years cause her friend is a hairdresser and would do the both of us pretty cheap.

i started going on my own (and paying for myself) when i was about 17.
    im not sure actually... my mum and i always used to go together just because it was easiest to both go and have our hiar done at the same time.. so i guess we only started going separately when i was like 18.
    I was about 16. When I first got a job... so yeah, 16.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I've been cutting my own for years.
    Weekender Offender 
    About 16.
    My mum still comes with me on the seldom occasions I have my hair cut - I go with her when she has hers done... :yes:

Ilora x
    I started getting mine done and paying for it by myself at about 16. Sometimes Mum is there, but thats more because I go to the hairdressers when I'm home from uni, and we sit and chat while they do it.
    I started getting mine done and paying for it by myself at about 16.

Yeah same, although before i was 16 i didn't have my hair cut for nearly 2 years, so it was a shame i was missing out on free haircuts ;p
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    about 12/13 i think
    Skive wrote:
    I've been cutting my own for years.

same. i can do the job as good as anyone else.