Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

University

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i wanted to know what the difference between undergraduate and post graduate mean?i want to go City University of London. if anyone goes there can you tell me how it is if possible?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hmeista wrote:
    i wanted to know what the difference between undergraduate and post graduate mean?i want to go City University of London. if anyone goes there can you tell me how it is if possible?
    A post-graduate is somebody who has already been to university and already has a degree. A post-graduate could be studying for an MSc or a MA or a doctorate or a PHD etc.

An undergraduate is somebody who has not already got a degree for example somebody who has just done there A-levels and is at university for the first time. Undergraduate courses include things like BSc and BA courses amongst others.
    I really don't think there's anything to add after that... :)
    As everyone's dealt with that point, I'll just deal with this one.
    hmeista wrote:
    i want to go City University of London. if anyone goes there can you tell me how it is if possible?
    No, I haven't gone there, though I did consider it at one point. Just remember if you're studying in London that everything will cost you more. However, student loans are also larger in the capital. Just bear that in mind. :)